Who is beautiful Elsa or Anna
Frozen II is a rebel
When the film “Frozen” conquered the cinemas and the associated merchandising in every second child's room in Germany in 2013, my children were not yet born. A blessing. I would have borne it hard if they had danced through the world in kitschy fairy dresses as "Elsa" and "Anna".
But the “ice queen” has simply not melted away over the years. Disney's merchandising industry has always brought new singing dolls, princess dresses, crowns, games, make-up sets, backpacks, plates, coloring books, Lego locks and even cereal onto the market. And now “Frozen II” is in the cinemas. Suitable for the Christmas business, of course.
"Frozen" had grossed 1.3 billion dollars in the USA. The merchandising had far exceeded the sum. The German subtitle of the film - "Totally unabashed" - seems more than appropriate. Parents have not had to struggle with a comparable phenomenon for a long time.
But I have to admit: If I ignore all the princess dresses, the wasp waists, the googly eyes and the little snub noses of the protagonists, then Anna and Elsa are pretty cool. Elsa is the coolest. She is strong-willed, autonomous and combative. It is mysterious and has magical powers. She doesn't curry favor with the boys, she just freezes them if they don't suit her. Elsa is a new Pippi Longstocking (she is now getting a horse too). She too lives without parents and makes her world as she pleases. Her sister Anna (she was the clear favorite of the first film from 2013) is the more pleasant, more well-behaved, “normal” one. But the girls don't want Anna, they want to be Pippi. And they want to be Elsa.
The two sisters do
Elsa becomes an action heroine in the second film. She is now walking around in white boots, no longer in glass pumps. Even her dress is no longer the typical evening dress, it is much more like a cape that superheroes wear.
And the two sisters do their thing. The male characters in the film - friend Kristoff, snowman Olaf and the reindeer Sven - seem a little incompetent. Elsa and Anna are not in 2019 - as one would expect from Disney - about the dream prince. They care about their kingdom, which they must save. Your house doesn't burn, it dries up. Elsa tries desperately to make amends for the mistakes of her ancestors. She fights with the forces of nature: fire, water, earth, air. She recognizes the mistakes her grandfather made - deliberately at the expense of other people. Elsa is Greta. Elsa saves the world. Her sister rules the kingdom from now on, Elsa becomes the protector of the forest. The matriarchy she has created is stronger, more powerful and more glorious than ever before.
If my children - a girl and a boy - fall into the "Anna and Elsa madness" after all, then I will not only endure it with composure, I will even find it somehow okay.
- What is UV LED curing
- Which African airline operates the longest flight
- What part of the brain sees color
- What is the stock market
- Losing weight affects your nose
- What are the best US tourist attractions
- Are techno thrillers labeled as speculative fiction
- Are you proud to be Slavic?
- Is a 500 invoice still legal tender
- What is President Trump's view of vaccinations
- What is the most phonetic writing system
- What is the Indian weather department
- Is organized religion superstition
- Are orgies moral
- Is Drake a good rapper
- Why are all these churches being attacked
- What are some business skills
- How many health professionals still smoke cigarettes
- Jains are considered to be Kanjus
- What is a greater feeling than love
- Moroccan men make good husbands
- How do entrepreneurs get on television
- Top Korean historical drama
- What are the responsibilities of a government