Who is President Donald Trump's attorney
Investigation against Trump attorney : Rudy Giuliani's home and office searched
According to a report in the New York Times, federal officials from the FBI carried out a house search of Donald Trump's former attorney, Rudy Giuliani. The search warrant issued by the federal prosecutor's office in New York is therefore part of the investigation against the lawyer and former mayor of New York in the context of the Ukraine affair.
[If you want to have the latest news from Berlin, Germany and the world live on your mobile phone, we recommend our app, which you can download here for Apple and Android devices.]
The investigation into Giuliani relates to his time as Donald Trump's personal lawyer. He is accused of breaking lobbying laws and illegally lobbying the Trump administration. According to this, Giuliani could have violated laws intended to prevent covert foreign influence over the US elections. The main question is whether he has carried out the recall of the US ambassador to Kiev, Marie Yovanovitch.
Guiliani had accused the ambassador of hindering attempts to persuade Ukraine to investigate Trump's then challenger and current US President Joe Biden. The US government prematurely removed Yovanovitch from her post on May 20. She took up her post as ambassador to Kiev on August 22, 2016.
Giuliani had played a pivotal role in the Ukraine affair that led to Trump's first impeachment in 2019. Trump had urged the Ukrainian head of state Volodymyr Selenskyj to campaign for help against his future challenger Biden. Giuliani, Trump's private attorney since April 2018, was one of the US President's middlemen and also traveled to Ukraine.
As reported by the "New York Times", investigators confiscated Giuliani's electronic equipment when he searched his home on Madison Avenue and his office on Park Avenue at around 6 a.m. The investigations against the lawyer have been ongoing since October 2019.
The United States Attorney's Office in Manhattan and the FBI had spent months trying to obtain a search warrant for Mr. Giuliani's phones, it said. The searches could now represent a turning point.
Giuliani, who witnessed the 9/11 attacks as Mayor of New York, formerly headed the US Attorney's office in Manhattan, which is now investigating him. According to the Times report, Giuliani's attorney, Robert J. Costello, called the searches unnecessary because his client offered to answer questions from prosecutors other than those regarding his privileged communications with former President Donald Trump.
- What is PowerShell
- Should Julian Assange be arrested
- What exactly is white guilt
- Are dark days before Kerala
- Which rappers are nice next to J Cole
- How much luggage is allowed on United Airlines?
- Are the Japanese racist towards immigrants?
- How many songs has BTS released
- What is meant by bank recapitalization?
- How does it feel to live in Sweden
- How do the Indian media deceive people
- How do new countries emerge
- Who is funding ISIS
- Are Naxals and Maoists the same
- Are South Indians the real Indians?
- What is the closest city to Edmonton
- How many shares will Facebook employees receive
- Why do students participate in politics
- How can seizures cause blindness?
- What are circular needles for?
- What color top goes with a black skirt
- There are famous black Brazilians
- Which movie most closely resembles your real life
- What are the best pro-Palestinian arguments