Are Kautilya and Chanakya the same person
Is the Arthashastra of Chanakya the same as the Upa Veda Arthashastra?
No, they are not the same.
Chanakya, also called Kautilya and around the 4th century BC. Chr. Lived. He wrote a paper on politics and economics called Artha shastra, which is based on the works of ancient teachers.
From the English translation of Kautilyas Artha Shastra by Shama Shastry
This Arthasástra is a compendium of almost all Arthasástra written by ancient teachers with a view to acquiring and preserving the earth.
So it is clear that there were other Artha-Shastras before Chanakya. He only took the name Artha Shastra because it covers subjects such as politics, economics and the duties of a king.
In ancient India, students were taught 64 arts and 14 natural sciences. Artha Shastra was also taught because it is an Upaveda. It is one of the 14 sciences.
The Mimams, Tarka, Samkhya, Vedanta, Yoga, Itihasas, Puranas, Smritis, theory of the skeptics, Artha Sâstra , Kama Shastra, Silpa Sstra, Alañkâra (rhetoric), Kavyas, language of the people (slang), the art of correct pouring, the theory of the Yavanas and the manners and customs of countries and nations - these are the thirty-two Vidyas.
Well, this Artha Shastra is not the same as that of Kautilya. Kautilya lived around the 4th century BC. Krishna and Balarama lived much older. These sciences were also present during the Ramayana period. We will find some principles of politics and strategies in Valmiki Ramayana as well.
vīrāḥ ca niyatotsāhā rāja śāstram anuṣṭhitāḥ |
śucīnām rakṣitāraḥ ca nityam viṣaya vāsinām || 1-7-12
They are brave with technical enthusiasm, administrators of political science, clean persons and protectors of the subjects of their kingdom at all times.
iṣu astra vara sampannam artha śāstra viśāradam |
sudhanvānam upādhyāyam kaccit tvam tāta manyase || 2-100-14
"O my darling! I hope that you will treat with due respect; Sudhanva, your archery instructor, who is armed with the best of arrows and arrows and is skilled in the political economy knows."
So it is clear that before Chanakya there was Artha Shastra. The one he wrote is a collection of various Artha-Shastras from ancient times. The does not make Kautilya's Artha Shastra a Hindu scripture . It is just a treatise on political economy based on previous Artha Shastras.
- Was it a black president before Obama
- Works eye patches on adults
- Why does Quora make you follow people
- What are some delicious vegetarian recipes
- What are some bold pictures of indians
- All planes have propellers
- Why are autoimmune diseases generally incurable?
- What nationality does Gao have
- What is your opinion on Barack Obama
- What does independent mean in a dog
- Why are animals color blind
- Who was Vlad Tepes
- What are the characteristics of indirect democracy
- How can I make my students small?
- What do Israelis think of the Kurds?
- Why do ideas require thinking
- Is Huawei blacklisted in the US
- What are Adolf Hitler's negative points
- How is calligraphy used today
- Who benefited from the Iraq war 1
- Was Germany anti-Semitic before the war
- What is RPL for Australia
- Can Texas separate
- Can Indian women get divorced from their husbands