Should the US revoke Ilhan Omar's citizenship
USA: Democrat Ilhan Omar is Trump's favorite opponent
She is used to hostility. She was teased and pushed at school. Someone stuck a piece of chewing gum on the refugee child's headscarf. "People don't do that because they don't like you", her father said at the time, Ilhan Omar later reported: "They do it because they feel somehow threatened."
Ilhan Omar is now 37 years old, has three children, and is one of two Muslim women in the American House of Representatives, where the 181-year-old rules of procedure were specially changed to allow the Somali-born MP to wear a headgear. But in the opinion of Donald Trump it does not belong there: "They are people who hate our country."
Trump has been raging against dark-skinned MPs for days
Since the weekend, the US President has launched an ongoing attack against four dark-skinned parliamentarians who, according to his account, betray American values with their left-wing positions. The women should "go back and help fix the totally broken and violent places where they come from," raged Trump. Formally, the outbreak can only apply to Omar, because she is the only MP who was not born in the United States. "Send them back!" Trump let the crowd chant at a rally.
Ilhan Omar was born in 1981 in the Somali capital, Mogadishu, as the youngest of eight children. Her mother died when she was two years old. The father, a teacher, fled the civil war with the family first to Kenya and then to the USA, where he was granted asylum. At the age of 17, the daughter received American citizenship. She studied politics, got married, entered the Minnesota state parliament and made it into the US Congress last fall. Since then, she wrote New York Times "The most glorified and mostly defamed" newcomer in parliament.
Ilhan Omar campaigns for minorities in the USA
The fact that she stands up for minorities and takes politically progressive positions gives her great sympathy in the left-liberal milieu. However, it also represents positions that are open to interpretation, especially with regard to Israel. This applies, for example, to their support for the controversial BDS movement, which aims to isolate Israel economically, culturally and politically with boycotts. While the Foreign Affairs Committee of the House of Representatives, of which Omar is a member, wants to condemn the organization, the MP is planning its own resolution in support of the BDS. Many party friends are upset about this. Omar's statement that an Israeli lobby organization had bought several MPs had already met with protests from within their own ranks.
Trump takes advantage of this in a targeted manner. “She hates Jews,” he claims. Gone are the days when Omar let himself be pushed around. She counters Trump's attacks in the same coin: "This is the worst, most corrupt and most incompetent president we have ever had"
We want to know what you think: The Augsburger Allgemeine therefore works with the opinion research institute Civey. Read here what the representative surveys are all about and why you should register.
- What is PODI in the farmland of Karnataka
- How do I get my periods today
- Why did Krishna choose Karna over Arjuna
- How can chemistry affect our lives
- What are the errors in KGF
- Is a hospital as a commercial property
- Is Fox News and CNN actually reliable
- Chuck Schumer is a Jew
- Is it a weakness to be emotionless?
- Why is there a continental drift
- What are the disadvantages of software engineering
- Every US citizen is an American
- How much do court clerks earn annually
- What are the catchiest songs this year
- What is carbon dioxide acid or base
- What are factors responsible for moral decadence?
- Wear something on your wrist
- Why is black K in CMYK
- Like many Buddhists, they are also Christians
- What are good hotels in Bucharest
- Why did China forbid the Koran?
- Hindus enjoy religious freedom in Pakistan
- Is that a good narrative style
- What do you think of punishing children
- What is the importance of photography 2
- Indian rappers make money
- Why are TV channels important
- What is romantic love
- What did Hinduism mean to Mahatma Gandhi
- What is my chance to settle abroad
- Feel free to talk about your job
- What are you fed up with
- What if you had your own land
- Can a person live for over 150 years