When was World Disabled Day celebrated?
International Day of People with Disabilities 2021
The fact that dignity, personal rights and personal well-being affect every human being is to be remembered on December 3rd, 2021 with the International Day of People with Disabilities. At the end of the decade of people with disabilities, the United Nations (UNO) has proclaimed this day of remembrance and action. The day is also known as International Day of the Disabled, as this was the official name until 2007.
On International Day of People with Disabilities, organizations are called upon to address the concerns and problems of people with disabilities and to make them public. In addition, events are to be organized that focus on people with disabilities and their needs for a sustainable livelihood. The contributions of disabled people to society are to be celebrated and the implementation of international norms and standards promoted.
In 1981 the UN proclaimed the Year of the Disabled to draw attention to people with disabilities and their concerns. The ideas and measures of this year were continued from 1983 to 1993 in the Decade of the Disabled. The UN initiated the International Day of the Disabled on December 3, 1992, after which it was celebrated for the first time in 2003. The day is intended to keep people aware of this issue every year.
As soon as participation in a social life is made difficult by physical, mental or emotional limitations, it is referred to as a disability. These limitations can be related to physical function, mental ability, or mental health. The World Health Organization defines disability as: deficiencies or abnormalities in body functions and structures; Functional impairment due to damage that hampers everyday situations. The International Day of People with Disabilities is intended to draw attention to the disadvantages of those affected.
- How interesting is criminology
- What if progress was never satisfied?
- Will NBA Live ever surpass NBA 2k
- How safe is Jersey City
- Why is Romania not a part of Transylvania?
- The oxygen we breathe ages us
- Why is Utah so strange
- What is the opposite of wrong
- Should be Matabeleland independent
- How are Mandarin tones retained in songs
- Has anyone written a book about Pizzagate?
- Why is adultery bad
- Somebody regrets joining BITS
- Which airlines will use Airbus A350s?
- What is knotted carpet
- Why did Indians fight against each other
- Will the government close later today
- Is Delhi really a rape capital?
- Which European countries are most Russophobic?
- Have you ever been psychologically attacked?
- Which is the cleanest place in Karnataka
- You can make a living doing astrology
- What are uses of contact lenses
- Why is Utah so strange