Which meat dishes use pressure cookers
How does cooking in a pressure cooker work?
Food can be cooked at higher temperatures in a pressure cooker than in a normal pot. Because this reduces the cooking time, the preparation is much gentler. A beneficial side effect is that a pressure cooker saves energy when cooking.
In contrast to cooking with a conventional saucepan, no water vapor can escape from the pressure cooker. The increasing pressure increases the boiling point of the water to around 120 degrees Celsius. Due to the higher temperature, the food cooks faster and therefore more gently: In the shorter cooking time, fewer of the valuable nutrients are transferred to the water.
Preparation in the pressure cooker is even gentler if vegetables, meat or fish are not cooked directly in water with the help of perforated inserts, but rather steamed. Less contact with water means little loss of nutrients. Meat, fish and vegetables can also be steamed at the same time without the flavors transferring to the other dishes. Such a pot is also suitable for stewing, roasting and stewing.
Because the pressure cooker is a closed system, no water vapor and therefore no energy can escape. In combination with the shorter cooking time and the smaller amount of water that has to be heated when steaming, up to 60 percent of the energy can be saved compared to normal cooking.
Cooking in a pressure cooker is extremely practical, nutrient-friendly and energy-saving, and our pressure cooker recipes are extremely versatile. Flesh. Stews. Vegetarian dishes. Everything is possible. However, there are a few important things to consider when handling:
Add at least enough liquid to the food to cover the bottom a few centimeters. In total, you fill it to a maximum of two thirds of its capacity. Please also note that some foods (such as legumes) expand when they are cooked. Use less liquid accordingly. More detailed information can be found in the manufacturer's information. Now put the lid on and close it securely. Please also refer to the operating instructions for the device.
The pressure cooker is now hermetically sealed. The food is cooked at temperatures of up to 120 degrees Celsius at higher temperatures than when boiling in water. Note that this will shorten the cooking times. Check the information on your model for instructions on how to reduce the cooking times of various foods in the pressure cooker. At the same time, more nutrients are retained in the food. Last but not least, you can save up to 60 percent on energy when cooking. You can usually also set the respective cooking temperature on the pot. For example, vegetables and fish can be cooked at a lower level than meat or stews.
If the large valve on the lid of the pot starts to hiss, you have to reduce the cooking heat to a minimum. When the cooking time has elapsed for the food in question, turn off the heat and open the valve. Wait until the steam has completely escaped before unlocking the handle and removing the lid.
You should not cook all foods in a pressure cooker. For example, do not put pasta or rice in the pot, as they would become mushy under pressure. Even more demanding foods that either burn easily or whose cooking times cannot be precisely predicted should not be prepared in this way. Meat, legumes, whole grains, cabbage, whole potatoes, root vegetables, soups and stews are very suitable. If you have leftover potatoes cooked in the pressure cooker from the previous day, you can cut them into small cubes and use them for our hearty Lyoner pan recipe.
- Can i invest in real estate?
- What makes a person look like money
- What determines the price of a product
- Slows down Windows 10 computers
- What's new in Angular 6
- Why does Steve Wozniak emigrate to Australia
- Who are Salesforce competitors
- Why is Denver International Airport so busy
- Was Obama involved in scandals
- Liquid only has a cubic dimension why
- What do bodybuilders do for a living?
- How can one focus on learning the programming language
- What is your favorite species of mushroom
- Why are Hamas missiles so ineffective
- What is a mission as a Christian
- How do I prepare for the Zoho interview
- How is Freshman Housing at Maryville University
- What is Bihar famous for?
- Can you be tracked with DuckDuckGo
- What is the purest form of Judaism
- What is kivat in Russian
- What problem does a handmade product solve
- Why can't Apple make smartphones
- How do I write strong arcs
- What things hurt you in India
- How should I send expensive items
- Government shutdowns are normal
- What are the best toppings on waffles
- What point should a good government have
- What are jobs for Italian immigrants
- Can a person sail an aircraft carrier
- How do you stabilize a trembling hand?
- What are the downsides to limited government