Will Trump get paid for tweeting
After storming the Capitol Twitter permanently blocks Trump account
The short message service Twitter has permanently blocked the personal account of US President Donald Trump. Twitter justified the move by saying that the risk of further incitement to violence was too high. Trump had more than 88 million subscribers on his @realdonaldtrump account. Critics accuse the Republican of inciting his supporters to storm the Capitol in Washington on Wednesday.
Trump condemned the suspension of his Twitter account. In a statement circulated through journalists in the White House, Trump claimed Twitter agents "colluded with the Democrats and the radical left" to silence him. He did not provide any evidence to support his allegation. At the same time, the outgoing president announced that they were negotiating with several other websites and that they were also considering setting up their own platform.
Facebook and Instagram had already blocked Trump's accounts on Thursday.
Pelosi: resignation or impeachment
After the riots at the Capitol, Trump comes under increasing pressure. The chairman of the House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi, announced after an online conference with her Democratic group that it was "the hope of the MPs that the president resigns immediately". In the event that this does not happen, she has instructed the Rules Committee to prepare for impeachment proceedings. The only charge in a draft resolution is "incitement to riot". At a rally he spurred his supporters on, many of whom stormed the Capitol afterwards. With his behavior, Trump has shown "that he will remain a threat to national security, democracy and the constitution if he is allowed to stay in office," the draft continues.
According to Democratic Congresswoman Diana DeGette, the resolution is due to be introduced on Monday. In the House of Representatives with a democratic majority, approval is considered certain. However, a majority in the US Senate before the new US President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris are sworn in on January 20 is extremely unlikely. Impeachment proceedings against Trump at the Senate had already failed last year.
- Why does someone tolerate someone
- May Chinese girls hug
- How much does a 1 carat ring cost
- What are some good undergraduate courses
- Who was India's worst prime minister
- What are some good Kannada thriller novels
- Is apathy worse than ignorance
- Is maintenance included in a car lease
- Does Donald Trump accurately reflect American values
- Why aren't diamonds made in a house
- How can we prevent religious terrorism
- What are some of the acclaimed Taiwanese television dramas
- Can war bring peace
- Belgium is his own country
- What is Rahul Gandhi doing these days
- Why are we trying to hide the vulnerability
- Why are African Americans so beautiful
- What was the name of the Ara of the 1990s
- What is the stock dilution between partners
- How should I imagine tensor sizes
- Can Kejriwal be a PM
- How can big data help e-commerce
- How can a Nepali go to Pakistan
- Who was the best rapper in Nwa