Can I make notes for everything
Use Notes on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
With notes, you can quickly capture thoughts, create checklists, record ideas and more. And with iCloud, your notes are always up to date on all your devices.
- Make sure you have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS installed on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- To take advantage of the latest features in the Notes app, make sure you set it up with iCloud or have notes saved on your device. Many of the features of the Notes app don't work with other email providers.
- If you have drawings in the Notes app, make sure they have been updated so you can take advantage of the latest features.
Create a new note
- Open the Notes app.
- Tap the Create button, and create your note.
- Tap on "Done".
The first line of the note is also its title. To change the formatting style of the first line, go to Settings> Notes> New Notes Start With and choose an option.
You can also quickly access notes from the Control Center. Go to Settings> Control Center and add Notes. Then open Control Center and tap Notes to create a note. Or just tell Siri, "Create a new note."
Pin a note
You can pin your favorite or most important notes to make them easier to find. To pin a note, swipe right over it, then release. Or go to the note, tap the more button and then the pushpin button.
If you don't want the note pinned anymore, swipe right over it again.
Other functions of the notes app
With the Notes app you can draw, create checklists, scan and sign documents and add attachments such as photos, videos or web links.
Make a checklist
On a note, tap, then tap the checkmark button. Create your list, then tap the empty circle to check off the appropriate item on the list as done. You can automatically sort completed items down, swipe to indent, and more. Learn how to create to-do lists in the Notes app.
Format a note
When you're in a note, tap the Spreadsheet button or on the formatting buttonto add a table, title, heading, or bulleted list. You can also Press and hold to quickly open a list of formatting options.
Add an attachment
To add something from another app, e.g. For example, a location or a website, tap the Share button in the app that you want to share. Tap the Notes app, select the note you want to attach an attachment to, then tap Save.
Insert a photo or video
To insert a photo or video, tap a note, then tap the camera button. Tap "Take Photo Or Video" to create a new photo or video, or "Photo Library" to insert an existing one. Tap Use Photo or Use Video, or tap Add to add an existing one. You can also scan documents and add them to your notes.
- When you're in the list of notes, tap the arrowto view the Folders list.
- In the folder list, tap "New Folder".
- Choose where to add the folder. To create a subfolder, drag the folder you want to be a subfolder into the main folder. The folder is moved and indented under the main folder.
- Enter a name for the folder and tap Save.
Here's how to move a note to another folder
- When you're inside a note, tap the arrowto return to your list of notes.
- In the list of notes, tap the More button and then on "Select Notes".
- Tap the notes you want to move.
- Tap Move, then choose the folder you want to move the notes to.
Display your notes in the gallery view
In iOS 13 and later, the gallery view offers you a new way of viewing your notes - making it easier than ever to find the note you're looking for. Open a folder or list of notes, tap the More button and then click "View as Gallery".
How to sort your notes within folders:
- Navigate to the folder you want to sort.
- Tap the More button, then tap Sort By.
- Choose how you want to sort your notes.
To automatically sort all of your notes, go to Settings> Notes, then tap Sort By. Then choose how you'd like to sort your notes.
Search for notes or attachments
To find a specific note, just tap the search box and type in what you're looking for. You can search for typed or handwritten notes. In iOS 13 and later, Search can tell what's in the pictures in your notes. For example, if you search for "bike", the search will show you all of your pictures that show a bike. Search can also search for specific text in scanned documents or images such as: B. Find receipts or bills.
To search for something in a specific note, select the note, tap the More button, then tap Find In Note and enter what you're looking for.
You can also search for attachments. While in the notes list, tap the More button, then tap View Attachments. To go to the note with the attachment, press and hold the attachment thumbnail, then tap Show in Note.
Create a direct note on the lock screen
You can use an Apple Pencil and a compatible iPad to create a direct note on the lock screen, or you can continue working on the most recently opened note. To change these settings, tap Settings> Notes, then tap Lock Screen Access and choose an option.
Tap the lock screen with your Apple Pencil and create a note. All created objects are automatically saved in the Notes app.
The Notes app allows you to lock any notes to hide them from other people who may be using your device. Depending on your device, you can lock and unlock your notes with Face ID, Touch ID, or a password.
You can find out how to protect your notes with password protection here.
Delete a note
- In the list of notes, swipe left on the appropriate note.
- Tap the trash can button.
Alternatively, you can open the note on the More button then tap Delete.
To restore a deleted note, go to the Folders list and tap Recently Deleted. Tap the note you want to keep. If it's open, tap it, then tap Restore. Learn what to do if you are missing notes.
Set up notes with iCloud
With iCloud, your notes are always up to date on all your devices. To set up the Notes app with iCloud, go to Settings> [your name]> iCloud, and activate the Notes app. Your notes will then be displayed on all Apple devices that are signed in with the same Apple ID.
Learn more about Notes
- Who is the founder of Tik Tok
- How powerful is the Australian Air Force
- Why do adults often appreciate children's films
- What did Romania do during World War II
- What's so screwed up about you
- Pakistanis celebrate Rakshabandhan
- What are some interesting facts about Beethoven
- Is conservatism collectivist or individualistic
- What do street preachers hope to achieve?
- What is NDRF in India
- Which is the fastest implementation of Python
- How many words contain 5 syllables
- How does love affect life?
- Why are there so many mainstream rappers?
- How are cats as service animals
- Who invented the decimal point?
- What is your take on puppy love
- Why are drugs illegal for adults?
- Which country code is +23
- How do I live happily ever after?
- What are the array functions in PHP
- What is dialectical thinking
- Is this the end of the BJP
- Cultural festivals promote national integration
- How to prevent psoriasis from spreading
- Love to wear your glasses
- Your smile is always so sweet
- Who saw a hindu god
- Civil disobedience leads to social progress
- What made you a conservative or a liberal?
- Is left-wing populism cooler than right-wing populism
- Protects Attorney General William Barr Trump
- How is atheism in China