Where can I find the best documentaries
The best documentaries on Netflix (2021): list with 36 documentary tips
Are you in the mood for an informative, interesting, disturbing or visually powerful documentary? Then you have come to the right place with our documentary tips on Netflix.
Streaming service Netflix not only has a lot of films and series on offer, but also a variety of documentaries that are well worth seeing. To make it easier for you to search for a suitable title, you will find our recommendations here, sorted by subject area and year of publication. Have fun exploring!
The best documentaries on Netflix (2021)
politics and society
- "The Dilemma with Social Media" (2020), the documentary is not only dedicated to the beautiful sides of a networked world, but above all to the worrying effects of social platforms
- "Fyre" (2019), the luxurious Fyre festival was touted as the event for Instagram and lifestyle followers and ended in disaster.
- "Cambridge Analyticas Big Hack" (2019) takes a shocking look at manipulation and voter influence through social networks.
- "American Factory" (2019), Chinese investors buy an old factory in Ohio and employ American workers. A clash of cultures begins.
- "Bikram" (2019) is about hot yoga founder Bikram Choudhury, who is building an empire of millions and abusing and raping his students.
- "Abducted in Plain Sight" (2017) tells of a simple American family who is duped by their charming neighbor.
- "Jim & Andy: The Great Beyond" (2017), Comedy legend Jim Carrey talks about the life and work of his late role model Andy Kaufmann.
- "I Am Not Your Negro" (2016), Oscar-nominated film essay that tells the story of the African American civil rights movement from a new perspective.
- "The 13th" (2016), gripping social documentary about the systematic criminalization of the Afro-American population.
- "Cartel Land" (2015), in Mexico vigilante groups are mobilizing, which take their lives against the powerful drug cartels.
- "How to Change the World" (2015) tells the story of the origins of Greenpeace.
- „Beltracchi: The Art of Counterfeiting“ (2014) Wolfang Beltracchi would have enough talent to become a successful artist himself. Instead, he steals millions as a master forger.
- "Blackfish: The Killer Whale" (2013), Orca Tilikum was brought to SeaWorld from the wild. The attempted taming has already cost lives several times.
- "Super Size Me" (2004), a director eats himself for weeks only from McDonalds and experiences the health risks first hand.
True crime documentaries
- "Night Stalker: Chasing a Serial Killer" (2021), is about the serial killer and rapist Richard Ramirez, who was up to mischief in Los Angeles in the 1980s.
- "The Fall of Gabriel Fernandez" (2020), Mini-series that denounces the failure of the authorities after the death of an 8-year-old boy.
- "Jeffrey Epstein: Stinkreich" (2020), harrowing four-parter about the investigation against the multi-millionaire and multiple sex offender Epstein, who had built a ring for the exploitation of minors over the years
- "Negotiation No. 4" (2020), a man convicted of murder regains hope when his case is reopened and corruption and racial tensions are exposed
- "Don't F ** k With Cats: The Hunt for an Internet Killer" (2019), a horror video on the Internet calls a few ambitious hobby detectives on the scene. Ultimately, more videos of atrocities lead to an international manhunt.
- "Long Shot" (2017), this documentary is about the case of the murder accused Juan Catalan, who could be exonerated through a popular TV show
There are even more true crime recommendations in the video:
Nature and science
- "David Attenborough: My Life on Our Planet" (2020), the popular wildlife filmmaker reflects on his life, untouched nature, evolution and his visions of the future.
- "Bird Dance" (2019) is dedicated to the diverse and colorful animal species in the air.
- "Chasing Coral" (2017), Scientists and photographers dive into the beautiful underwater world of the coral reefs, which is about to disappear,
- "In the depths of the inferno" (2016) is an award-winning film by Werner Herzog, which is dedicated to the elemental force of the volcanoes.
- "Jago" (2015), the 80-year-old Indonesian keeps an ancient diving tradition of the Bajau people alive.
- "Our Earth" (2007), Classic nature documentary about the breathtaking beauty of our planet.
- "The Last Dance" (2020), rousing documentary about Michael Jordan's breathtaking career and the Chicago Bulls' journey to three-peat repeat
- "Athlete A" (2020) deals with the exposure of the abuse scandal in the US gymnastics association
- "Bethany Hamilton; Unstoppable "(2019) tells the story of the one-armed Bethany and her path to becoming a professional surfer
- "Icarus" (2017)is about the shady machinations of professional doping.
- "Through the Wall" (2017), Climbing documentary in which two underdogs climb an impossible wall.
- "Nowitzki: The Perfect Throw" (2014) tells the inspiring story of the German basketball legend Dirk Nowitzki.
- "Taylor Swift: Miss Americana" (2020) provides a very intimate glimpse into the work of pop musician Taylor Swift.
- "Homecoming" (2019) accompanies the legendary R’n’B and pop singer Beyoncé and her crew as they prepare for the groundbreaking Coachella performance (2018) as the first African-American headliner.
- "Gaga: Five Foot Two" (2017) shows pop icon Lady Gaga during the process of creating an album, preparing for a tour and the physical and psychological challenges of a successful music star
- "The Rolling Stones Olé Olé Ole: A Trip Across Latin America" (2016) gives exciting insights into the touring life of the rock band and their memorable first visit to Cuba
Speaking of music: Test your Disney song skills in our quiz:
Can you recognize the Disney song by a song line?
did you like this article? Discuss with us about the latest theatrical releases, your favorite series and films that you are eagerly waiting for - on Instagram and Facebook.
- What is an affectionate friend to you
- Moderate Quora Muslims condemn Shariya
- How is Australia's political structure
- Is masturbation healthy for women 1
- How should libertarian socialism work
- How would you describe the perfect husband
- Does Karnataka have any IITs
- What is it like to question someone
- What is the monomer from Dacron
- What police reforms does India need
- Do you have any piercings
- Who is the smarter Sherlock or Mycroft
- Benjamin Netanyahu is good for Israel
- What's wrong with modes
- What are the logical problems with libertarianism
- Which animal can see the most colors
- Was the term left-wing bastardized?
- Why are some people faced with poker
- Bahubali 2 breaks all records
- What do Albanians think of Donald Trump
- Kawhi Leonard is the best
- How should we stand against a traitor?
- India is better than China in everything
- Are men or women more open-minded