How do I do a Dudhi Halwa
Halva: product knowledge & recipe
What is halva?
Halva consists of ground oil seeds such as sesame, pistachios or sunflower seeds, as well as sugar and honey, or, depending on the production, from sucrose and glucose syrup. There are different variants of the sweet and chewy treat. Sometimes the sweet little thing is refined with rose petals, nuts, cocoa or saffron. There are also variants made from semolina or flour. Tea is often served with halva, it tastes good in between meals or as a dessert. By the way, halva used to be called "Turkish honey". Halva made from durum wheat semolina is popular in Greek cuisine, while in Russian cuisine it is often made from sunflower seeds.
Easy halva recipe
Halva is traditionally made from sesame. To make this specialty yourself, a high-performance mixer is helpful.
Recipe for 8 servings:
Lightly roast 300 g of peeled sesame seeds in a coated pan without fat and while stirring. Puree with 4 tablespoons of lemon juice in a high-performance mixer to a smooth mass. Heat slowly with 200 g of liquid honey in a saucepan over medium heat while stirring until a sticky mass is formed. Pour the sesame mushrooms into an oiled flat bowl, smooth out and let cool down completely. Cut into small cubes with an oiled knife and serve.
You can add cinnamon, vanilla, or rose water to this recipe. The dessert will keep for about 1 week in the refrigerator.
Also try this delicious variant with semolina:
How long can halva keep?
Homemade halva should be kept tightly closed in the refrigerator. It can be kept for up to a week, depending on the recipe. Purchased goods have a longer shelf life, often several weeks. Pay attention to the information on the packaging.
Is halva gluten free?
Halva products made from ground oil seeds such as sesame, pistachio or sunflower seeds are gluten-free.
- When will YouTube be out of date
- What exactly do markup designs do
- What is a simple definition of narcissist
- Why do we concern ourselves with life
- The Indian Republic Day parade is out of date
- What is the status quo
- How do I get my periods today
- Who gave pictures to God
- What is the wealth of Joel Osteen
- Wars ever really end
- How many children use Quora
- All bottled water is the same
- What is an intellectual property assignment
- Are UV rays stronger when it's hotter
- What is a surrogate son
- In which countries is ISIS most active?
- How do I start a hospice
- What is the basic use of indicators
- Is it wrong to be too petty?
- Narcissists live longer lives
- How did India get freedom?
- Who is Shivam Mavi
- What name should I give my baby?
- How are electronic cigarettes made