What is the opposite meaning of asked
The adjectivecontroversial means "opposite". Often it implies the opposite of the normal or generally accepted, so that it can also mean “controversial” in this sense. Accordingly, one speaks of a substantiatedcontroversy as a disagreement
Origin is the Latincontroversus(opposite), which is composed ofcontra (against) andvertere (turn).
Audio sample: Listen to the pronunciation
Phonetic transcription (IPA):[kɔntʁoˈvɛʁs]
The matter wascontroversial discussed.
Also controversy Issues need to be brought up, as uncomfortable as it is.
The proposal resulted in a lengthy, controversial Debate.
Grammar and inflection
|controversial||more controversial||most controversial|
|Feminine||controversy||more controversial||more controversial||controversy|
|Masculine||the controversy||of controversy||the controversial||the controversies|
|Feminine||the controversy||the controversies||the controversies||the controversy|
|neuter||the controversy||of controversy||the controversial||the controversy|
|Plural||the controversies||the controversies||the controversies||the controversies|
|Masculine||not a controversial one||nothing controversial||no controversy||no controversy|
|Feminine||no controversy||no controversy||no controversy||no controversy|
|neuter||not a controversial one||nothing controversial||no controversy||not a controversial one|
|Plural||no controversy||no controversy||no controversy||no controversy|
Subscribe for free and learn a new foreign word every day
Receive the word of the day every morning with our free newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time. Your data will not be passed on to third parties for advertising purposes.
More interesting words:
verify - The weak verb to verify means "the truth or correctness ...
Facsimile - A facsimile (that) is a detailed replica of a document ...
pathetic - content: meaning pronunciation usage examples increase ...
Celibacy - The (also: that) celibacy is an obligation to be celibate and sexual ...
stringent - content: meaning pronunciation usage examples increase ...
- Why are some species called fossilis
- Are hot dogs good in chili
- What opaque object has no shadow?
- Some things are better left unsaid
- Why does my family call me ugly
- How many Hindu gods are there in India
- What are the worldviews of the religions
- How do I send money to Australia
- Why do you think Filipinos are conservatives
- What's right with India
- What is your rating of Kerala India
- Can I get a Pakistan tourist visa
- How should an election manifesto be
- What are examples of unconscious behavior
- Is organized religion superstition
- How would you rate Cricket Hindi Commentary
- How long is a sloth
- How can I read the Quran online
- How did communism gain popularity in China?
- Which theory of evolution is true
- Why do Indian women love gold jewelry
- Why should I come to Freemason in Tanzania
- Are there physical characteristics of the Indian caste
- Which fairness cream is better