Does Greta Thunberg have a nervous breakdown
Greta Thunberg demonstrates with thousands in Hamburg
Her colleague, Federal Environment Minister Svenja Schulze (SPD), took a gentler course: She defended the efforts of the students under the motto "Fridays For Future". "We should be happy" that the students are committed to their future, she said on the SWR radio show "Talk of the Day". Because of the compulsory school attendance you can "not do it permanently", but first of all the commitment is impressive.
Hamburg's school senator Ties Rabe (SPD) also pleaded for turning a blind eye this time. The world needs responsible and committed citizens. "And on the last day before the holidays, we should react with a sense of proportion if someone does not go to school for one reason."
In principle, however, truancy is unacceptable, according to the former teacher. "Otherwise school will be canceled every day for whatever reason - there are enough problems and occasions in the world. Nobody improves the world by skipping school." In addition, it is not particularly convincing in the long term if the political commitment takes place during school days, of all things. The dispute over compulsory schooling had little effect on the enthusiasm on Hamburg's Rathausplatz.
In Hamburg, the school authorities had taken a clear position before the demo: Anyone who takes to the streets to protect the climate during school is considered truant - with all the disciplinary consequences: from the entry in the certificate to the conversation with the parents. Hamburg's Mayor Peter Tschentscher (SPD), however, mingled with the demonstrators on Friday and spoke to students. "Listen. Take it seriously. Offer a conversation," tweeted the spokesman for the Hamburg Senate.
- What if progress was never satisfied?
- Who were the victims of Hurricane Harvey
- Is the Dubai license valid in Australia?
- Can a writer be a publisher
- Which songs are considered rainy day songs
- Why does smoking weed make me gasp
- The UN sends doctors to Syria
- Is fasting academically bad for students?
- Other geniuses find their careers easier than others
- Which comics are considered literature
- Why do Malaysians eat so slowly
- Is it illegal to access the Darknet?
- Who gives you a reason to live
- Traditional Chinese medicine will fade away
- What is fundamentalism
- Why don't banks approve loans
- What is the addiction theory
- Why do people hide their vulnerabilities
- What was your favorite snack when you were growing up
- Pakistani Hindus celebrate Hindu festivals
- Franco was a Eurosceptic
- What is the PTE exam
- How do I write an argumentative essay
- Why is the Indian media so irresponsible