Why are tunnels used instead of bridges
Construction of a tunnel instead of a bridge on the Fehmarnbelt
After 1 ½ years of preparatory work with investigations of 20 possible tunnel routes and 16 bridge variants, the Danish state planning company Fehmarn A / S has proposed a 17.6 km long immersed tunnel to cross the Fehmarnbelt between the Baltic Sea islands of Fehmarn and Lollar instead of a stay cable bridge; the technical risks were proposed for this During construction, environmental protection, the impact on the safety of shipping and construction costs are taken into account. The solution is the basis for the German plan approval procedure. In 2014, Fehmarn A / S expects the construction work to be awarded and construction costs of 39 billion crowns (5.5 billion EUR), which according to the State Treaty (2008) will be borne by Denmark alone; In return, Germany will provide rail and road connections to Lübeck (EUR 1.7 billion).
For Denmark, the crossing of the Fehmarnbelt is the last missing element in the largest transport project in its history, the connection of their Baltic islands to the mainland. From 1998 the bridge (13.4 km) over the Great Belt enables the journey from Zealand to Funen and on to Jutland and 2 years later the Øresund crossing (8 km bridge and 4 km tunnel) between Copenhagen and Malmö in Sweden. Both crossings are toll roads; The Fehmarn crossing is also to be financed based on their model.
So far, 5 ferries have operated on the so-called Vogelfluglinie between Puttgarten on Fehmarn and Rødby on the island of Lollar, which bring around 2 million vehicles per year and around 1000 passengers by rail per day on the route from Hamburg to Copenhagen across the Belt. The tunnel is expected to reduce the travel time for this rail link from more than 4 to 3 hours. The bridge over the Great Belt has been used for freight traffic on the route since it was opened, but the route under the Fehmarnbelt is around 150 km shorter. G.B.
- Are Patanjali eye drops safe to use
- Are unethical business practices illegal
- How to prevent psoriasis from spreading
- Who is Vivek Bindra's motivation
- What is higher brain power or mental power
- Should I party in college
- Why do members of the European Parliament visit Kashmir
- Japanese women are happy
- Why does everything have to be sexualized
- Nepal Dies Nepal
- What is tadelakt
- Can cats be omnivores?
- Well worth a visit to Easter Island
- How do fairy tales affect society?
- How do I manage cPanel
- How is jewelry pronounced
- Is it ever okay to steal 1
- Was there a Ram temple in Ayodhya
- How do I get past technical mechanics
- When is Hinduism established?
- Will Apple stop selling iPads?
- What do you mean by literary source
- How did Mikhail Gorbachev come to power?
- Why did the Jews leave Israel?
- Shows the sound wave diffraction
- Can fight Jackie Chan
- Visiting RedTube can cause viruses
- How does the RBI punish banks
- How do i pray to god
- What is a freon leak
- The Blue Angels use an autopilot
- What is a Salesforce Chatter
- What is Narendra Modi's brother doing