Do the Democrats lean towards Socialists
MEPs hear reports on the human rights situation in North Korea
- It is estimated that up to 1 million Koreans have died in camps.
- Up to 40% of the population goes hungry
Shin Dong-Hyuk shows scars on his legs at a press conference (in October 2007) © BELGA_AFP PHOTO_JUNG YEON-JE
Media coverage of North Korea mostly revolves around the rulers' nuclear weapons program. However, around 23 million people in North Korea live under almost complete state control and many suffer from gross human rights violations. Last week, MEPs dealt with the situation in the largely isolated country and heard, among other things, a young man who had spent a large part of his life in a camp and was finally able to flee.
- What is 34 3 1
- Granted asylum to Australia visitors
- Why don't Qantas fly to India
- What is the timing of the time zones
- Palestine has a right to exist
- Why don't you like Pope Francis
- What is a vehicle registration number
- How are taxi rides determined
- What's your favorite Arrowverse series
- What is the most beautiful city in Switzerland
- How much zoomcar pay
- What can you never eat for dinner
- Is there anyway to increase eyesight
- Who is the nicest singer
- Proof of citizenship is required to be able to vote
- Does Thiruvananthapuram have an airport?
- What is a software development bottleneck
- What was the bloodiest revolution
- Japanese tourists are the best educated
- Is it safe to refill water bottles
- Was Vladimir Lenin dictatorial
- Which is the top 5 Pakistani drama
- Bahubali 2 breaks all records
- Which states are landlocked?
- How can AI criticize art
- What if Bangladesh and Pakistan were reunited today?
- Are there Christians in India
- Which Bollywood actresses deserve for Bollywood
- Is strabismus genetic can it be inherited
- What is anachronism in literature
- Who brought Europe to India first?
- Does South or North Korea want reunification
- What is shadow in art
- Why do people still celebrate Thanksgiving