How can I enjoy life alone 1
How being alone makes you strong
When there are only a few natural stimuli around you, it sharpens the senses. You perceive much more precisely. Your immediate surroundings and yourself. That is why adventurers are often so reflective personalities. Because they are often alone in nature.
Scientists use the effect of being alone even with stress patients
In the Restricted Environmental Stimulation Therapy external stimuli are specifically reduced, self-perception and awareness of one's own physical needs improve. However, memories or issues can arise that are uncomfortable. But dealing with them is what ultimately leads to a real gain in knowledge.
People often suffer from a fear of being alone due to "cognitive bias"
You have a certain view of things and unconsciously constantly look for information, studies, opinions, events that confirm this view. And at the same time they feed their fear of being alone. But ignoring these supposed confirmers can help to see more clearly and to re-evaluate one's own point of view in order to overcome the fear of loneliness.
"Those who cannot find peace within themselves will look for it in vain elsewhere."
wrote the French author Francois de la Rochefoucauld. This is exactly the point: If the noise around us becomes low, we have to listen to what our inner voice asks - and give answers.
In order for being alone to be really valuable, some prerequisites must also be met
Kenneth Rubin, psychology professor at the American Carleton University, names the following:
- You have to choose it of your own free will.
- We have to be able to enter into social relationships again at any time.
- We need to have a certain amount of control and reflection in order to be able to deal with emerging emotions.
If these prerequisites are not given, then being alone does not feel profitable for us, but inescapable. We feel lost in loneliness. By the way: Studies have shown that being alone is more uncomfortable for us, the more we believe that others assess our being alone negatively. In other words: In the cinema or at a party we feel much more lonely alone than in nature. Again and again nature. It's no coincidence that she makes us feel so good.
This article is an excerpt from my new book Your best self - inspiration for a powerful life. You can find out more about it and order it here
- Is compulsory schooling an advantage for young children?
- Can Trump be voted out of office in 2020?
- Which document is required for a permanent license
- What does Chandrayaan mean for ordinary Indians
- Why did the golden age end
- Why is Karnataka better than Kerala
- What do communists think of capitalism?
- When did drag racing become illegal?
- Which is the cleanest airport in India
- What made man
- Are fingerprints a result of gene expression?
- Why do different people behave differently
- Which celebrity do you respect the most
- Was King Harold a good king?
- Is Cyprus a good country
- What made you selfish
- Why does money rule society?
- What is less damaging to the environment?
- Which is the best luxury gift website
- How much thinking goes into being creative
- How would you rate Sidney Sheldon's novels
- What are some libertarian news agencies
- What color do you like in VIBGYOR
- Why do some people not get a brain freeze