Not surprisingly, a clean shit about modes
GAG124: A Brief History of the Chinese Restaurant Syndrome
Hello Richard and Daniel,
First of all, thank you very much for your great podcast.
I had only read China Syndrome in my app and thought it was about nuclear power. Far from it, but gave an old story a new twist. Last week we had lunch at the Asians and, as I have probably done quite often, I gave an Andektode for the best;
A good 20 years ago, after the Peking soup, I got very hot, a little dizzy and my jaw muscles tingled a lot. The whole thing was over after a few minutes and apart from the ignorance of what had just happened, it wasn't particularly uncomfortable either. I was young, people take what they can get.
About 10 years ago we were invited to cook with friends, while folding the spring rolls I told the story and the hosts, biologist and physician, said that it was clearly due to the glutamate, because of neurotransmitters and such. With the proven professional competence, I accepted that and expanded the above story accordingly to include the information that this was probably due to the glutamate. Now imagine my surprise when I heard your episode last Thursday evening.
Basically, however, I am of the opinion that more taste is better, so I don't hold a grudge against glutamate. But still nice how long relatively trivial stories can accompany you.
- Which US bank pays the highest interest rate
- Is it better to live or to die?
- Why the Church Should Intervene in Scientific Ideas
- What do we use Babel for?
- Why don't brothels in Amsterdam specialize?
- Are Mizrahi Jews discriminated against in Israel?
- How are yarns made
- What is an array sorter
- How does Donald Trump celebrate Canada Day
- Is Reuters neutral
- Why is Mexico sparsely populated
- Can see rabbits in the dark
- Can you cook alcohol
- Is Kingfisher instant beer alcoholic
- What is it like to live in Bucharest
- Make ferrets good pets
- Has Pixar ever made a bad movie
- What makes an island an island
- Why are superheroes single in comics?
- Who is your least favorite rapper
- Why do Mongolians have very long names
- What's the nickname for Pollachi
- When are people entitled to hospice care?
- What would happen if carbon dioxide increased
- How unstable is Bosnia
- What are black eyes
- What police reforms does India need
- What makes eyelids blink regularly
- President Putin is still popular in Russia
- Is gate blocked in Singapore
- What is the Republic of Ireland
- What is the story of Telangana
- Why are we frowning at suicide?