White supremacy is rooted in cowardice
Martina Tißberger uses a qualitative empirical study to analyze how contradictory relationships between racism and sexism affect psychotherapeutic and psychosocial work and how professionals deal with them. From the perspective of critical whiteness as a critique of epistemology and as a practice of hegemonic self-reflection, possibilities for psychology, but also for the entire social sciences, are shown how these power relations can be thwarted.
What is racism
Ethnicity, culture, race construction
The racism of psychology and the psychology of racism
Intersectionality of gender and racism
Methodology and Epistemology Criticism
Critical whiteness as a practice of hegemonic self-reflection in psychotherapy and psychosocial work
The target groups
Lecturers and students in the social sciences (psychology, educational science, sociology, social work, pedagogy)
Psychologists, social workers and pedagogues
Martina Tißberger is a professor in the Master’s degree in Social Work with a focus on interculturality at the Upper Austria University of Applied Sciences. She did her doctorate in psychology at the Free University of Berlin and has taught and researched at UC Berkeley, the Humboldt University of Berlin and the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg, among others.
Authors and affiliations
- 1st University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria, LinzLinzAustria campus
About the authors
- Who is Haji Yakub Qureshi
- Which Hollywood stars are popular in China
- How do I develop confidence while speaking
- Which videos should you watch while stumbling?
- Why is the treatment of depression so controversial
- Can I download the Maharashtra Domicile Certificate online?
- Why did Spain colonize Florida
- Uttarakhand is a north-eastern state
- How do you become a smarter worker
- What's the best inland
- What do psychopaths think of rape
- Should I buy citizenship to Sealand
- Animals are always gay in nature
- Live a purposeful life
- What is a thermodynamic system
- How do abandoned dogs feel?
- Is Trump able to tell the truth?
- Can Congress overturn Trump tariffs?
- Why is she acting like that
- Shopclues com is a scam company
- What are the cons of Splunk
- How is Taylor Swift doing as a person
- What do Chennai people envy about Bengaluru
- What makes a good blockchain use case