Will global greening reduce CO2 levels
Sustainable development and innovation in the energy sector
Almost all energy scenarios are based on trends that result in enormous growth in energy demand over the next few decades. At international conferences, however, one deals with the opposite: a massive reduction in greenhouse gas emissions, especially the CO2 emissions caused by the consumption of energy. Experts also point to the political risk of dependence on oil and the exhaustion of resources. How should this gap be bridged? How can the existing energy system be made more sustainable? The hopes are mainly directed towards technical progress and innovations. So far, however, no concrete proposals have been made as to the extent to which innovations can actually contribute to reconciling constantly growing energy consumption with the limitations in terms of resource availability and the environment as well as the structural requirements of an energy system. The present study brings together economic, legal, scientific and philosophical competencies with regard to such proposals. Based on a solid reconstruction of the sometimes confusing variety of terms, assessments of the existing energy system are presented and sustainability potentials are shown. The strategically bundled recommendations for action take into account the various conflicting goals of environmental and energy policy and are supplemented by implementation proposals.
Authors and affiliations
- Ulrich Steger
- W. Achterberg
- K. Blok
- H. Bode
- W. Frenz
- C. Gather
- G. Hanekamp
- D. Imboden
- M. Jahnke
- M. Kost
- R. Kurz
- H. G. Nutzinger
- Th. Ziesemer
- 1.IMD LausanneLausanneSwitzerland
- Who was the father of King Porus
- What border does India share with Afghanistan?
- If 10 x 6 what is x
- Who discovered the island of Porto Santo
- New England was part of London
- What is your strangest possession
- Are Berbers of Arab origin
- Which metal is used to strengthen gold?
- Will Google buy Apple in the future
- What do the Russians think of Pakistan?
- Where is the city of Lahore
- Which branch is better CSE or EEE
- What is the story of Adolf Hitler
- Can see blind people after eye transplants
- What are the highest quality cigarettes
- Which PayPal scams are you aware of?
- What is Labor Day celebrating
- Do WiFi hotspots work in airplanes?
- How often does the world population double?
- Where is India going wrong in Kashmir
- Would you ever get a face tattoo
- What is the best TV crime series
- Is there a real reason to live?
- May poison ivy come back
- Is Jet Airways the same as JetBlue
- Canadian society is different now
- What is your most self-destructive habit
- What are the uses of combine harvester
- What are the most important startup conferences
- What Pennsylvania is best known for
- Self-esteem can be taught
- Are unresolved BuzzFeed videos real?
- What are some favorite Disneyland hacks
- Which is older Vaishnavism or Shaivism