What causes a candle flame to flicker
As a living light and at the same time "open fire", the candle requires appropriate care
If possible, let thick candles burn until the burner plate reaches the edge of the candle. If thick candles are only lit for a short time, the candle burns down inwards.
If a candle burns down on one side, carefully bend the wick to the side with an incombustible object or ensure that the candle is not exposed to drafts.
If there is a draft, candles begin to soot, drip and / or burn down on one side.
If a flame threatens to drown in the wax, extinguish the candle and carefully pour off the liquid wax.
Wick residues and dirt particles in the burner plate impair the burning quality.
If the wick is dipped into the liquid wax when it is extinguished and then straightened up again immediately, it does not glow and is easier to light up again.
If candles are decorated with paper or napkins, any protruding paper must always be cut back. To do this, extinguish the candle!
If candles do not fit in the holder: Hold the end of the candle in hot water and, as soon as it becomes soft, push it into the holder. Thinner candles can be sharpened with a candle sharpener.
Swirl dusty candles in cold soapy water, rinse and dry. Be careful not to get the wick wet.
Place bent taper candles in warm water until they are soft and can be straightened or straightened.
Allow the wax stains to dry, carefully lift off and rub off residues with cleaning spirit (first make sure that the cleaning spirit does not attack the material!). Alternatively: Place blotting paper on the remaining wax residue and run over it with the iron. Pre-treated textiles can be cleaned in the washing machine at a minimum temperature of 60 ° C.
Stored candles don't really burn any longer. The wax-based crystallization process is completed no later than 72 hours after its production.
Important information on burning candles
Light candles only on a non-flammable candlestick.
Never leave candles burning unattended.
Candles should only burn out of the reach of children and pets.
Maintain a minimum distance of 15 cm between burning candles.
Never leave candles burning near easily inflammable objects.
Do not place candles directly next to heat sources.
Make sure that the candles are always vertical.
Shorten the wick to a length of about 1 cm before lighting.
Do not blow out the flame, but smother it.
Keep melted wax in the burner plate free of matches and other contaminants to prevent them catching fire.
Do not move burning candles.
Never extinguish candles with liquids.
When the candle runs out, extinguish the flame, let it cool down and take care of the candle regularly.
Maintain a free space of at least 1 m above the candle.
If the candle has burned inwards, trim the edge while it is still warm (regular candle care).
Extinguish sooty candles, check whether there is a draft or whether candle care is necessary. Do not light again until it has cooled down.
We hope you enjoy burning your candle!
- Are Australians a tolerant society
- Can an eye transplant cure night blindness
- What Republican policies do you disagree with?
- How do politicians think
- Why do teenagers take drugs
- Who are the most skilled rappers
- Why is France more developed than Spain
- How do sponsors benefit from YouTube
- People are more selfish in India these days
- Which laws are there in all countries
- Mormon missionaries curse people
- Should I move to New York City
- Offers indigo food on board
- What is Nepal Legislature
- Iran likes Pakistan
- What makes a person irrational
- What is the real perspective of life
- How do Americans take foreign accents?
- Which is scam IT company in Pune
- Why did Papua New Guinea become independent
- What if Gorbachev's reforms had been successful?
- Germans go to church
- Which TV channels pay to broadcast sports
- Why do some people find smoking not addicting?