Are mafia films racist
The Gentlemen: gangster film with peculiarities
Guy Ritchie and the gangster film have belonged together since the British director and screenwriter had his breakthrough in 1998 with "Bube, Dame, König, grAS". His eleventh film, "The Gentlemen", is like the first film about a lot of marijuana and competing crooks, but in a different guise. Luxury is replacing sopping up stalls: Mickey Pearson (Matthew McConaughey) has built up a flourishing cannabis business in England. In fine thread with a handkerchief, he plans early retirement in the upper class. But the sale of his empire to billionaire Matthew Berger is disrupted by a media mogul, a private detective, the Chinese and Russian mafia, a boxing trainer (Colin Farrell) with street gang and the landed gentry and their addict kids.
As a British Tarantino, Ritchie remains true to his handwriting: the moody, self-referential entry - snooping Fletcher (Hugh Grant) blackmailed Mickey's right hand Ray (Charlie Hunnam) with information in the form of a script - a twisty plot follows, the leaps in time, witty dialogues, eccentric characters and lively music merges into satirical entertainment.
That Ritchie has nothing to say about the world - so be it. Extremely strange, however, are the swipes against ethnic groups and religions. The smart white gangsters are confronted with clichéd black youths, a Jew is supposed to cut a pound of meat out of his body, and all figures openly and racially encounter the Chinese, portrayed as absolute bogeymen. Is a star ensemble just shooting sharp against political correctness? Or is a misanthropic director who thinks raping a pig a funny idea derailed into dispensable and rough realms?
From Fri in the cinemas (OV in Artis)
- Which is better WhatsApp or Hike Why
- Could a train on tires work
- What is a checkride for private pilots
- What are the weaknesses of the change
- Have you destroyed yourself in love
- Can someone briefly explain India's struggle for freedom?
- Is Mamata Banerjee wrong in West Bengal
- Why were the Punic Wars important
- How do animals help us?
- Is Australia bigger than Groenland in the region?
- How does vodka taste
- What should be the principle of life
- What is Sioux Falls SD known for
- Chess is becoming less popular
- Moroccan men make good husbands
- What are the beliefs of the Roman Catholic
- Paul Krugman is a libertarian
- How did Japan get the name Japan
- What are some edible types of mushrooms
- How many airports are there in Qatar
- All lawyers want to be judges
- How many Chinese dialects are there
- A career in aviation is worth it
- What does a protagonist feel?
- How are black lights made
- Why is Pakistan making Afghan refugees new?
- Why candles burn with a yellow flame
- Is God in nature
- Pakistan is a better friend than India
- Why does Trump provoke Kim Jong un
- Why are relationships in India so complicated
- How can we celebrate Safe Diwali
- Is Dravida Nadu possible in the near future
- Is Iran a civic nationalist country