Televangelists are deceivers
At Television preachers, in the Christian area too Televangelists (Suitcase word from "Television" and "Evangelist") called, they are preachers who use the mass medium of television to spread their beliefs as messages. The work of the television preachers should not be confused with the television worship service.
In Muslim countries, religious broadcasts are dominated by Salafist Sunnis preachers. But Shiites or Alevis also appear as “televangelists”. One of the most popular Sunni scholars, who has the opportunity to speak almost weekly, is Yusuf al-Qaradawi (al-Jazeera on the Ash Sharia wa al-Haja program). Also very popular is the Egyptian Amr Khaled (not a scholar), who appears on the Islamic channel Iqra of the Arab Radio and Television Network, among others. Other scholars include: 'Umar' Abd al-Kafi and the theology professor Suad Salih. Some scholars' records are also distributed on CD, DVD, or MC.
The Turk Harun Yahya, who is close to the Gülen movement, is not one of the Salafist television preachers. His sometimes bizarre appearances often took place in the company of scantily clad young women he called "kittens" and they had creationist and conspiracy theory content. Since the break between Gülen and the Erdogan government, Yahya no longer appears on Turkish television, but instead spreads his appearances on the Internet.
The US presenter Rachel Maddow has created a matrix of television preachers and their offenses. The band Genesis criticized the financial behavior of the television preachers with their song "Jesus He Knows Me" (1991, on the album "We Can't Dance"), as did Iron Maiden with the song "Holy Smoke" (1990 on "No prayer for the dying "). Frank Zappa also addressed this with his songs "Jesus Thinks You're a Jerk", "Dumb All Over" and "Heavenly Bank Account".
The feature films Glory! Glory!, Salvation!, Pass the ammo and Pray TV parody the TV sermon business. The church Our Lady of Perpetual Exemption was a registered church founded by satirist John Oliver to criticize the televised business. The documentary Marjoe exposes the business as charlatanry.
Conservative theologian John MacArthur published a series of articles in 2009 in which he harshly criticized the methods of some television preachers and denounced their greed for profit:
"Someone needs to say this plainly: The faith healers and health-and-wealth preachers who dominate religious television are shameless frauds. Their message is not the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. There is nothing spiritual or miraculous about their on-stage chicanery. It is all a devious ruse designed to take advantage of desperate people. They are not Godly ministers but greedy impostors who corrupt the Word of God for money's sake. They are not real pastors who shepherd the flock of God but hirelings whose only design is to fleece the sheep. Their love of money is glaringly obvious in what they say as well as how they live. They claim to possess great spiritual power, but in reality they are rank materialists and enemies of everything holy.
It has to be said clearly: the faith healers and prosperity preachers who dominate religious television are shameless ripoffs. Your message is not the true gospel of Jesus Christ. There is nothing spiritual or miraculous about their stage shows, but rather underhand trickery to make profit from people's desperation. They are not godly servants, but greedy deceivers who corrupt the word of God out of pure greed for money. They are not real shepherds who tend God's flock, but hirelings whose only motivation is to strip the sheep of the sheep. Their love of money is so evident in what they say and how they live. They claim to have spiritual power, but in reality they are calculating materialists and enemies of all sacred things. "
- Quentin J. Schultze: Televangelism and American Culture: The Business of Popular Religion. Wipf and Stock Publishers, Eugene 2003.
- Pradip Ninan Thomas, Philip Lee (Eds.): Global and Local Televangelism. Palgrave Macmillan, New York 2012.
- Steve Bruce: Pray TV. Televangelism in America. Taylor & Francis Group 2019.
- ↑ abDeutsche Welle (www.dw.com): Prosperity Preacher: The Business of Faith | DW | 05/22/2017. Retrieved on February 4, 2019 (German).
- ^ Corruption in Televangelism and Paganism in the American Church. September 23, 1994. (archive link)
- ^ Obituary (Memento from September 29, 2007 in Internet Archive) at CNN (archive.org)
- ↑Famous Male Televangelists. Accessed February 4, 2019.
- ↑ Jutta Odile Hess: The Electronic Church in the United States of America. In: Communicatio Socialis. Volume 26, No. 3, 1993, ISSN0010-3497, pages 222-260, doi: 10.5771 / 0010-3497-1993-3-222 (nomos-elibrary.de [accessed December 24, 2020]).
- ↑TV preachers in the USA - Trump's devout helpers. Retrieved December 25, 2020 (German).
- ↑ http: //www.hurriyetdailynews.com/photo-adnan-oktars-kitties-have-respectable-university-degrees-134450#photo-10
- ↑ Orgies, Blackmail and anti-Semitism: Inside the Islamic Cult Whose Leader Is Embraced by Israeli Figures, Haaretz, July 11, 2018
- ↑ The Televangelist Infidelity Matrix
- ↑A colossal fraud. In: Grace to You. Accessed March 25, 2020.
- Is Jet Airways the same as JetBlue
- Who is the father of international relations
- Are dark days before Kerala
- Why do teenagers take drugs
- How do you tithe business income
- Did Trump betray Russia
- What is psychological criminology
- What is India famous for?
- How many wars has the US started?
- Has the BJP government done anything for Haryana
- How difficult is an MBBS in India
- Extract mushrooms nutrients from the soil
- Are ICE raids legal
- Gives masturbation stroke
- Why is the year 1776 important
- Can Pakistanis visit Bangladesh to travel
- What are the best historical war films
- What are some important facts about JetBlue
- Can Trump cut taxes without the approval of Congress
- India is a wrong nation
- How are Mandarin tones retained in songs
- What do Australians think of Sri Lanka?
- NASA wasting money
- Where is Cantonese spoken 1
- What are the criteria for gender dysphoria
- How to learn korean in japanese
- How trp earns money for series directors
- What is a wicket taker
- Why do we concern ourselves with life
- What are the reasons for eye pressure
- Why do smart people behave illogically
- What is an introvert 9
- Which forex brokerage acts on their behalf
- Is there white gold