Is Balochistan part of Pakistan
Political situation Political stability in the face of extremism and structural weakness
Pakistan's politics and administration are characterized by a lack of transparency, corruption, nepotism and the pursuit of tribal interests. There is essentially a separation of powers, but parliament and the judiciary only exercise their control function to a limited extent. The room for maneuver for civil society (call up the lexicon entry for the term) * organizations has recently been restricted again and again.
A large part of the population has inadequate access to public services, and trust in government agencies is correspondingly low. In the Corruption Perception Index (external link) by Transparency International, Pakistan ranked 120th out of 180 countries in 2019.
Anti-terror legislation that has been tightened several times overrides fundamental rights. The powers of the security authorities have been significantly expanded. Civilians suspected of terrorism can be tried in military courts. In 2015 the death penalty was reintroduced. According to the human rights organization Amnesty International, more than 200 death sentences were passed in Pakistan in 2018 and more than 14 were carried out.
Pakistan has ratified the most important international human rights conventions, but their implementation is often inadequate. In rural areas in particular, women are largely excluded from public life. Women are also disadvantaged in the judiciary.
Freedom of religion and the freedom of the press are restricted. In particular, a paragraph in the penal code that criminalizes blasphemy is repeatedly misused to discriminate against members of religious minorities.
The Pakistani media landscape is well developed. However, critical journalists are regularly put under pressure, threatened and hindered in their work by state institutions and extremist organizations. Social media, which are less easy to control, are therefore playing an increasingly important role in forming opinions.
- What causes emotional sensitivity
- What comes after the New Testament
- Can DSE be cracked without coaching?
- Which Asian Airlines Fly To Pakistan
- How does maternity leave work in Switzerland
- Leave the world to Islam
- What are UCC and NRC in India
- How do you get a southern accent
- Is Modi married or not
- What's your favorite song these days
- What is the language of Hindu
- Why did ITC shares crash?
- Why doesn't my boyfriend kiss me
- Which Australian state is the southernmost
- Who is Hori Miona
- Is the term ladylike a sexist term
- How should I continue to learn
- Why is Pakistan creating terrorism in Kashmir
- Neoliberalism ends
- Where can I learn to invest dividends
- Is Muttiah Muralitharan Tamil or Sri Lanka
- There are many Korean users of Quora
- What is motivation in literature
- Why are you learning python
- What caused the Tiananmen Square protests
- How can a floating island be possible
- Is it safe to fly over Pakistan?
- Should I party in college
- Is Calgary actually full of conservative cowboys
- You can get myopic in your 30s
- Which is the best hotel in New Zealand
- Why are there judgmental people
- What is the perfect tense
- How much does a DIY wedding cost