What languages does Antoine Griezmann speak
Münster - Has Münster soon produced a world champion? The French international Antoine Griezmann has ancestors who lived in Münster over 200 years ago. From Lars Herd
What you won't find when browsing the internet. As I scroll through Facebook, a screenshot of the Wikipedia Internet dictionary suddenly catches my eye. The French national soccer player Antoine Griezmann is said to have ancestors in Münster / Hessen (formerly Münster near Dieburg). Sounds like a joke at first, after all, Wikipedia is not always reliable, because theoretically anyone can edit the entries. But when I investigate the matter, there are actually some sources that confirm Griezmann's origin from the Gersprenz. There seems to be more to it than that. Last but not least, his “one-French” name Griezmann, which is common in Münster as Grießmann with ß, but which has remained with the two n's, which are unusual for France. As the municipality of Münster announced on request, there are currently 15 Grießmanns registered in the village. In addition, there are those whose surname has meanwhile changed, for example due to marriage. The story of the superstar with Munster ancestors is also making the rounds in the town hall itself and is causing a stir, it is said.
Griezmann's paternal roots go back a long way. A little more than 200 years to be precise. Because on May 5, 1817, his ancestor Emmerich Grieszmann is said to have been born in Münster. In fact, I found a small family tree that confirms that Emmerich Grieszmann was born in "Münster / Dieburg, Darmstadt". After viewing the books in the parish archive, in which all births are listed, I now have the official confirmation: Emmerich Grieszmann was born in Münster as the son of Emmerich Grieszmann and Christine Löbig - but two months earlier on May 5. March 1817 and not May.
The French website for genealogy "La revue française de Généalogie" reports at least that Emmerich Grieszmann, the son of Emmerich Grieszmann and Christina Löbig, was born in Münster, Germany in 1817. The "Deutsche Welle" becomes more precise and writes in a subordinate clause to a match report by "Paternal ancestors from Münster in Hesse". Here Emmerich Grieszmann initially also worked as a basket maker. After traveling through France a few times, he died on September 27, 1864 in Carnac in the west of the country. His other descendants are said to have moved across the country several times before they finally settled in Mâcon in eastern France - around 70 kilometers north of Lyon - in the course of the 20th century. And that's exactly where footballer Antoine Griezmann was born on March 21, 1991.
Unfortunately, Antoine Griezmann has not yet replied to my Instagram message. You cannot reach him personally on Twitter or Facebook. I know someone who is responsible for the social media appearances of some players, but he couldn't help me with Antoine Griezmann either. But wait and see. Maybe something else will come and in just under two weeks he will present us the World Cup trophy from the small balcony above the town hall foyer ... Münster's Mayor Gerald Frank (SPD) will be happy when he comes back from vacation and finds out what he is doing missed here in the meantime.
Antoine Griezmann is currently playing with the French national team at the World Cup in Russia, where he has scored twice in four games so far. In total, the 27-year-old striker has scored 22 goals in 58 games since his debut in 2014 for "Les Bleus" (nickname of the national team).
Griezmann's greatest sporting successes include the Vice European Championship 2016, in which he was top scorer with six goals, the triumph in the Europa League and the final in the Champions League each with the Spanish top club Atlético Madrid and winning the U19 European Championship, in which he was also player of the tournament. According to the Internet portal Transfermarkt.de, Griezmann's market value is currently a whopping 100 million euros.
Tomorrow, Friday, Griezmann and his team will meet Uruguay in Nizhny Novgorod at 4 p.m. - so keep your fingers crossed.
Who knows more about Antoine Griezmann's roots in Münster? Or who might even have the same ancestors? Send us an email: [email protected]
Celebrities from Münster
The most famous personalities from Münster so far are the former table tennis professional Jörg Roßkopf (born May 22, 1969) and the television actress and entrepreneur Manuela Reimann (born September 23, 1969). Today Roßkopf is the coach of the national table tennis team and plays in the Oberliga Hessen for his home club DJK Blau-Weiß Münster. Manuela Reimann is married to the docu-soap actor Konny Reimann, with whom she lives in the US state of Hawaii, and from the TV series “Goodbye Germany! The Emigrants "(VOX) and" The Reimanns - an extraordinary life "(RTL II) is known. By the way, Konny Reimann himself has a Dieburg past, where he was in a relationship at the end of the 80s and lived for a while.
- Is Poland an ethnostat
- Which are the companies with good salaries
- Will the D-Band in TCS influence the promotion
- How can facial blindness be easily recognized
- How many blind people use the internet
- Should Rahul Gandhi leave the Congress party
- Have Instagram stories destroyed Snapchat
- What is the exact definition of sport
- Why is crime increasing in Victoria?
- Was the domino theory applicable to Vietnam
- How has the Christian Church gained influence
- Identity politics is a new phenomenon
- How are horse owners called
- Which country has achieved the most scientific successes?
- What exotic animals are great pets
- Smoking weed can drive someone crazy
- What is the biggest attraction in Romania
- Did Donald Trump's election by Obama fail?
- Which military uniform has the best design
- How smart are horses
- What is your proud moment as a Tamil
- Why are so many people attacking China
- Social TV is the next big megatrend
- How do you relate to culture and the environment
- How to buy marble tiles online
- Can I open a restaurant for 100,000
- What makes people happy is happiness, which is overrated
- What do Mexicans think of Russians
- What is America's Best Festival
- Can there be a libertarian socialism?
- When will your IP address change?
- What are non-profit position titles
- Is Google's Panda Update good or bad