Can Christians legally commit suicide?
To die with dignity
At the same time, however, this also means that death may be allowed. From a Christian perspective, making it possible to die in dignity means that the dying person dies at the hand of a person and not through them. In the last phase of life in particular, people need attention, protection and consolation.
Making it possible for everyone to die in dignity is therefore also a task for society as a whole.
The Catholic Church strongly opposes all forms of active euthanasia and assisted suicide. She is convinced that the state enables dignified dying if it focuses on comprehensive medical and nursing care for the seriously ill and the dying and promotes it to the best of its ability. The church participates here with intensive pastoral care for the dying and their relatives. It is necessary to promote and expand palliative care and hospice work in outpatient and inpatient facilities. They represent an increasingly important answer to people's circumstances and needs. Many full-time and voluntary hospice helpers do a valuable service by helping people die.
Society must not allow artificially induced death to become a medical service at the end of life. A legal regulation that tolerates such offers would lead to increasing internal and external pressure on all the elderly, seriously ill and those in need of care to make use of such options - in order not to be a burden for relatives.
- Will Vidarba part with Maharashtra
- Will atheism ever become the greatest religion
- Who is the best EXO member
- How do New Yorkers treat tourists
- May Chinese girls hug
- What is the closest city to Edmonton
- Why do people have egos in friendships
- The Australian Aborigines had surnames
- Which US president married his adopted daughter
- How was Chandrayaan II brought into being
- What are special mathematical functions
- Why is jealousy such a strong emotion
- Why does everything have to be sexualized
- How can I benefit from Hurricane Harvey
- Is it worth it to pay off your debt
- Electronic cigarettes damage others
- What is the Bayern Party
- Is CO2 environmentally friendly
- What's the best SUV under 70K
- How can carbon dioxide be toxic
- What accidents just don't happen
- What does OK mean for 1
- Is loneliness good for the human psyche
- What is focus