How can you tell the difference between love and infatuation
Infatuation and real love are often mistaken for the same thing. In everyday life these two feelings are actually easily confused and many people have not really understood the difference between being in love and being in love.
There are enough people out there who complain that they just can never be happy in love. They always seem to get into the wrong partners, thinking it was real love every time. But it wasn't, because if it had been real love, you wouldn't suffer like that, even if you ended up breaking up.
But how are these people supposed to know what real love is if they have never really experienced it? They may not have come close to what couples who truly love each other, rather than just fall in love, have made a big difference. Read also (According to psychologists, 10 things you have to let go of so that you can finally be happy)
Being in love is more like a kind of addiction. However, in this case you are not dependent on any drugs or food, but on a person. We are completely fixated on this person and cannot think of anything else. We want to be close to this person as often as possible and preferably never leave them again. Every second without him is difficult for us. That is exactly what being in love is.
Love, on the other hand, means that our hormones have calmed down and we are no longer addicted to this person, but recognize reality. We want the best for our loved one, even if it means we cannot be with them for a while or we have to back off in some other way. It's about giving ourselves, but also our partner, the chance to grow.
To make the difference between being in love and love even clearer for you, you should be aware of the following 6 points:
1. One does not fall in love on purpose, but in love one consciously chooses the person.
We can't choose who to fall in love with. It just happens. The main thing is that the chemistry is right, that there is a certain desire and that it simply harmonizes. When we're in love, we tend to idealize that particular person and place them on a pedestal. Love only comes when the infatuation has subsided and an emotional bond has been established. In this case, your partner is no longer perfect, but a person with rough edges that you accept in him.
2. In love we prioritize a person, when we are in love then we are just comfortable.
When we are in love we need someone to meet our needs. This is convenient for us because we hardly have to make any effort to feel good. But love is not about your partner meeting your needs. Love is selfless. That is why you give without asking anything in return. When you really love someone, you make them your personal priority to make them feel important. Read Also (11 Signs That You Are Mentally Strong)
3. In love there is no need, in being in love there is.
We all have certain expectations of our fellow human beings. This is completely normal as it is in our nature. When we are in love, however, we expect that person to definitely do things for us. We expect loving news and a lot of attention. If they are not fulfilled, then sooner or later there will usually be a breakup. However, when we really love someone, it is about being compatible and showing understanding. We no longer expect anything because we no longer think and act from a needy attitude.
4. Love needs trust, being in love not necessarily.
When you are in love, everything is still so uncertain and that is of course what makes it so attractive. We don't have to feel safe and trust each other completely. We're just blown away - and completely blind at the same time. In true love, on the other hand, we know who we are dealing with. We know this person and trust him. That is why there is no room for jealousy and insecurity.
5. Love is free, being in love wants to possess.
When we are in love with someone, it means that we are addicted to that person. We always want to have it around us and really own it. We want to hold on to him and not let him go. In love, however, we know that we have to release our loved one in order to be able to truly love. We don't sabotage or manipulate anything. We don't play games. We are just real. We give our partner the freedom to do what he wants to do. That means we always love him, whether he stays with us or not. Read also (According to psychologists, every person has 3 faces, so you can recognize your three faces)
6. Infatuation can be short-lived, but love usually lasts a lifetime.
Of course, a phase of being in love can also last a very long time. But in many cases it only lasts for a short time. It's about lust and, above all, about hormones. We're just blown away and on cloud nine for a while. This feeling cannot last forever. Love, on the other hand, can last forever. It does not subside, but gets deeper and deeper.
- Do you practice Juche ideology
- Why do some pastors only preach prosperity?
- The human eye manipulates colors
- What are different areas in computer science
- Where should I take an IFRS course
- Is dividend tax exempt
- What was life like in England in the 1960s
- How can I increase my intelligence quickly
- What does boho fashion mean
- Will China reduce CO2 emissions
- How can you become a genius
- How to Stay Consistent See details
- What is included in an author style
- Who are the BBC news readers
- Today Dalits can become Hindu priests
- What does a teddy bear symbolize
- Is Donald Trump a genius or crazy
- What makes you sad about Pakistan
- What would a psychologist say about Trump
- What are some arguments against transhumanism
- Who are the worst fathers in history
- What is adventure time
- What does vodka do to your liver
- Why is Rajnikant going into politics?
- Horses were the original self-driving car
- What was your worst financial decision
- Do you have tips on driving
- How to write a perfect assignment
- Have cargo planes flight attendants
- What was George Orwell's ideology
- How do ordinary Albanians consider Greeks
- Kawhi Leonard is the best
- How much can Anthony Joshua bench press