Apathy leads to failure
Diseases of the turtle
My turtle has seemed very apathetic to me in the last few days. What can that be?
The main symptom "apathy" occurs in many diseases of the turtles, mostly only in the final stages. Apathetic turtles do not wear their shell and let their necks and heads fall back - if they still move at all. Water turtles sit almost exclusively on land or float in the water. When approaching, the animals do not react or hardly react at all. The causes of apathy are diverse:
It can be a bacterial infection, such as pneumonia.
Parasitic colonization and disease of the intestine by nematodes (roundworms) or by flagellates and amoebas (unicellular organisms) are common.
Kidney diseases are also a cause. They are mostly caused by poor posture and feeding and can be detected by blood tests and ultrasound. Other symptoms of kidney disease are joint swelling (gout), dehydration, edema formation and refusal to feed.
The vet can also diagnose liver disease through a blood test.
An x-ray examination can be used to determine whether a laying problem is the cause of the turtle's apathy.
A herpes virus infection comes into question as a virus-related disease, which can also lead to stomatitis (inflammation of the oral mucosa) and / or pneumonia (pneumonia).
In herbivorous (herbivorous) turtles, painful bladder stones often form (mostly due to incorrect feeding), which can be seen in X-ray or ultrasound examinations.
Another common feeding error that leads to apathy is vitamin B deficiency (usually only in pond and water turtles that are mainly fed raw meat), which can be associated with paralysis and disorders in the central nervous system.
Finally, poisoning should be mentioned as the cause of the disease. Substances toxic to turtles can be found in plants, medicines, paints, solvents and insecticides.
Since the apathetic turtle is seriously ill in most cases and often completely refuses to feed, it should be presented to a veterinarian as soon as possible, who is able to carry out the above-mentioned examinations (blood test, ultrasound, x-ray) if necessary, to initiate appropriate therapy.
- Why do some people not get a brain freeze
- When is Hadoop MapReduce better than Spark
- What do you think of Obama's presidency?
- Who was Vlad Tepes
- What is a vacuum flask
- Can cameras see UV light
- Wise men are always confident
- What is your unusual snack of choice
- What is the adjective form of introduction
- Can the parliament dissolve the state government in India?
- Iran is the world's largest sponsor of terrorism
- We can hear light and see noises
- What can prevent retinal reading
- Why are tunnels used instead of bridges
- If secularism fails against religion
- What properties make it impossible to oxidize gold?
- What is the opposite meaning of asked
- What did the Romans give to the Chinese
- What is the population of Dundee Scotland
- What is 5555 8 7 6 5
- How do you enjoy your life 2
- Do gold reserves affect the gold price
- Why are topaz gemstones so popular
- KTM RC200 is a good first bike