What is the philosophy of the company
The philosophy in times of Corona
The beautiful word of the “new normal” reminds even philosophers buried in their study, if there are any, that the times are not quite ordinary. But it doesn't have to be surprising if the overview starts to falter here and there.
In accordance with Wittgenstein's dictum that “I don't know my way around” is the actual form of a philosophical question, we have compiled the following guidelines that were reported to us by philosophers from the circle of the ÖGP.
We welcome further contributions that deal philosophically, i.e. fundamentally with the corona pandemic (all contributions reflect the opinions of the authors).
Margarete Maurer about resilience and Rosa Luxemburg in the Swiss Philosophy Blog
Ursula Renz About Montaigne as a thinker in times of epidemics and about Spinoza as a philosopher of the crisis, both in the Neue Zürcher Zeitung, as well as a contribution by Ursula Renz about cultural identity in times of the Corona for listening to SWR2
Anne Siegetsleitner about Hannah Arendt as a companion through the state of emergency in Triakontameron
Reinhold Esterbauer about Orpheus in the home office and a small school of the times in the theological feature section Feinschwarz.net
Andreas Oberprantacher About us in the Covid-19 pandemic in future research, the magazine for science and research of the University of Innsbruck
Daniel von Wachter with a philosophical investigation of the new coronavirus
and finally the Covid-19 page of the philosophy blog Praefaktisch von Gottfried Schweiger and Norbert Paulo
The ÖGP supports the open letter regarding classroom teaching https://www.praesenzlehre.com
Opinion of the Austrian Society for Philosophy (ÖGP) for ethics classes
We wrote a statement in February 2019 on the introduction of ethics teaching as a regular school subject in general schools, initially in secondary level 2 and later also in secondary level and primary schools.
The exact wording of the statements can be found here: (Statement of the ÖGP on the introduction of ethics lessons)
Publication “Being human - foundation, imperative or empty phrase?” - from now on Open Access
The contributions to the 10th Congress of the Austrian Society for Philosophy have now been published by Innsbruck University Press: Link to the publication.
Current ÖGP Presidium (2017-2020)
At the meeting on January 12, 2018 in Salzburg, the General Assembly of the Austrian Society for Philosophy decided on a change for the incumbent Presidium. Ulrich Metschl succeeds Andreas Oberprantacher as the new General Secretary, and we would like to thank him very much for his five-year term of office. Andreas Oberprantacher will remain in the Presidium. In return, Paola-Ludovika Coriando has declared that she will not be a member of the Presidium. Many thanks also go to Ms. Coriando for her involvement in the Presidium and, in particular, for her work as President of the Society.
12th doctoral symposium of the ÖGP
The 12th doctoral symposium of the Austrian Society for Philosophy had to be canceled due to the corona pandemic. A decision cannot yet be made about an alignment at a later point in time (as of June 2020).
10th Congress of the ÖGP: "To be human - foundation, imperative or empty phrase?"
10th Congress of the OEGP: "Being Human - Foundation, Imperative or Platitude?"
4th-6th June 2015, University of Innsbruck
The10th Congress of the Austrian Society for Philosophy was the focusTo be human - foundation, imperative or empty phrase? dedicated. The question of what it says and implies to be human is a fundamental one for both philosophy and society. At the same time, it runs the risk of being answered with empty phrases.
In this context, the 10th Congress of the Austrian Society for Philosophy opened a forum lasting several days at the University of Innsbruck, where the question of being human in the consciousness of old and new provocations was raised.
Homepage of the 10th Congress of the ÖGP
Homepage of the 10th Congress of the OEGP
- Supports Australia Israel or Palestine
- Great discipline prevents people from shining
- Donate to universities
- Is the BJP government for the poor
- What is the biggest problem facing mumbaikars
- Which nations are best at teaching geography
- What is the tallest ferris wheel in the world
- Spicy sauce can be dangerous
- What are you doing on Quora
- Can India ever get responsible government?
- How are missionaries compensated for their work
- What are the simplest streams in Infosys
- Which company is better Audi or Bugatti
- Which two colors combine to form green
- What is the best lossy audio codec
- Which river is in Guwahati City
- NASA is necessary
- What is a good insulated water bottle
- A sandstone is a smooth stone
- How does magnetic therapy reduce swelling
- How vulnerable are teachers to false accusations
- Which country has the most illegal foreigners?
- Why did Russia's growth stagnate
- Why hasn't Apple bought Spotify yet
- Is Fox News allied with Trump
- Who is the greatest hero in the world
- What is NameNode in Hadoop
- Texas is the only minority majority state
- Who are some of the LPU's successful alumni?
- What are the cons of OS X.
- What is motor hunting
- Who is Chiara Bransi
- How do we enjoy life with ourselves