What is a dried plum known as
What is a plum?
Plums belong to the stone fruit and are a type of plant from the genus Prunus.
How does the plum grow?
Several years pass before the plum tree bears the first plums. When the plum tree has grown to a height of up to 5 m, the tree carries up to 150 kg of fresh plums.
Where does the plum come from?
The original origin of the plum is Persia. Nowadays most plums, like our products, come from California (USA). The plums used come from a special type of plum, the "Prune d’Agen".
When is the plum harvested?
While the harvest in Chile and Argentina takes place in March, the harvest of our Californian plums begins between August and October.
How is the plum harvested?
shaken the branches. Only the really ripe plums come off. As they are more sensitive and unprotected than many nut kernels, the plums are caught in nets and transported directly to further processing.
How is the plum processed?
The first processing step is the removal of moisture, with the help of hot air the plums are dried. About three kilograms of fresh plums are then turned into one kilogram of prunes. Then the plums are sorted by size. This is done with the help of vibrating plates that have been punched out of different sizes. The next step is the pitting, which can be done using various methods: The "Elliot process" squeezes the stone out of the plum, it is flattened and loses its shape and appearance. In the “Ashlock process”, the pitting is a bit more complex, here the stone is pushed out of the plum with the help of a small bolt. Afterwards only the entry and exit holes of the bolt are visible. A special process is used for the KLUTH plums. In this process, the plums are pitted so precisely that the plums retain their attractive shape and only a few parts of the pulp are lost. After pitting, most prunes are treated with sorbate, also known as sorbic acid. Our plums are also treated with it, the sorbate inhibits the growth of germs and is completely harmless to health.
What can the plum do?
- is a source of nutrients for Fiber
Dried plums taste great as a snack between meals, in yoghurt or muesli, together with cream cheese, in soups or as a filling for roast goose. Plums are also ideal for desserts or fruit cakes.
When do the goods arrive in our bag?
All goods that arrive at our premises are processed and packaged in a in-depth quality control subjected. This includes the sensory examination, in which the size, appearance, taste, smell and consistency of the goods are assessed. In addition to ours internal controls of the goods we also regularly let our quality through independent food laboratory examine and confirm. The goods must meet specific criteria to ensure that the goods really meet our and your standards of quality. Only then can the products be put in our KLUTH bags.
- Is Ravish Kumar NDTV a traitor
- Is married to Sham Idrees
- How can I afford a Japanese language school?
- Is life really beautiful
- How can I get to know Rashi
- How exactly does Trump threaten our democracy
- What is established is limited government
- Why are Catholic clergymen celibate?
- How smart are Chinese government officials
- Why did you believe in tarot cards
- Jack Fraser is an atheist
- What is big data analytics
- Why did your eyes water for no reason
- How do I download Kannada novels
- What should I know about Neon Nettle
- Are refractions similar to diffraction
- What is the tallest ferris wheel in the world
- How much gunpowder is in a grenade
- Is aneurysm hereditary
- What is farmers' cooperative
- Which is longer weekdays or weekends
- What is the fastest military jet
- What is the KSRTC success story
- Rahul Gandhi is a mature politician