Which is the best airport in Kerala
You want to travel to India, but you are not sure which city to fly to? In this blog we give you an overview of the best airports in India, which you can use as a starting point for your trip, depending on which region you want to explore.
High time to book your flight to India! Credit: Tarek Ahamed
ARE YOU traveling THROUGH NORTHERN INDIA? THEN FLY TO DEHLI, BUT ALSO KEEP AN EYE ON FLIGHTS TO MUMBAI
If you plan on Travel to Rajasthan, Varanasi or the Himalayas (Kashmir, Leh and Ladakh or Himachal Pradesh), then you'd best fly after Delhi. Most of the major international airlines fly into Delhi Airport. However, if you are thinking of going on tours around Rajasthan, then keep an eye out for fork flights too. For example, you can fly to Delhi and then fly out from Mumbai (or vice versa).
- Delhi and Mumbai are very contrasting cities that are definitely worth a visit. Delhi has impressive monuments and an interesting history, while Mumbai - especially the southern end, is very easy to explore and the city will quickly take you with its special charm.
- Udaipur (southern Rajasthan) is equidistant from Delhi and Mumbai. So if you want to travel to Rajasthan, you can fly to Mumbai and from there travel to Udaipur and Rajasthan. Of course, you can also turn the whole thing around and visit Rajasthan first and then travel to Udaipur and Mumbai from there.
- Gujarat is a very interesting region with few tourists. It is very easy to reach from Rajasthan via Mumbai, as well as directly from Mumbai.
Here are some travel ideas for North India for inspiration!
Our tip: Air India also has a very good flight network within India, so that regardless of where your trip ends, you can always return to a large international airport like Delhi or Mumbai without any problems.
The beautiful landscape in Himachal Pradesh.
YOU are traveling THROUGH NORTH EAST INDIA? THEN IT'S BEST TO FLY TO CALCUTTA, BUT ALSO KEEP AN EYE ON FLIGHTS TO DELHI
If you are in the Northeast If you want to travel you have to ask yourself if you only want to travel to the northeast (cities like Calcutta, Varanasi, Darjeeling, Assam, Sikkim etc.) or whether you are also in the west want to travel. An interesting route from Delhi would be along the river Ganges, where you come across places like Gwalior, Orchha, Khajuraho and Varanasi and can then end your trip with a visit to Darjeeling or Sikkim. For such a tour, a flight to Delhi or Calcutta would be a good option. Of course you can also do the route the other way around and fly into Calcutta and fly out from Delhi.
If you want to travel to more remote regions of India such as Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Tripura, Nagaland and Sikkim, then you should fly to Calcutta. However, since international flights to Calcutta can be very expensive, you can also take a flight to Delhi and then a domestic flight.
The northeast of India is a unique and breathtaking place, here we have collected even more reasons for you, why you should take a trip to the northeast!
Visit the tea plantations in beautiful Darjeeling and be inspired by the peaceful nature.
ARE YOU ON HOLIDAY IN GOA AND SOUTH INDIA? THEN IT'S BEST TO FLY TO MUMBAI OR GOA, ALSO KEEPING AN EYE on BENGALURU Airport
If you mainly want to go to the beach and spend most of your time in Goa the best thing to do is to fly directly to Goa or Mumbai.
- There are over ten cheap flights to Goa every day from Mumbai, and trains and buses also run daily
- If you are lucky you can also find direct flights to Goa from your home airport. Most of the time, however, they are usually only operated in the winter months.
- Even if Bengaluru seems far away from Goa, you have cheap direct flights every day from here. You can also travel from Goa via the Karnataka region to Bengaluru (Goa-Hampi-Mysore-Bengaluru) and fly from there.
- Try to avoid Delhi as a starting point unless you really want to visit the Rajasthan region or the Taj Mahal. There are only a few expensive daily flights from Delhi to Goa.
Beach in Goa
You want to go to the South of india to travel? Then it's best to fly to Bengaluru, Chennai, or Kochi (if you just want to visit Kerala).
You want to go to Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala to travel? Then the best airport in India you should fly into is Chennai or Bengaluru. To start a trip in the south, we usually recommend starting in Karnataka or Tamil Nadu and ending the trip in Kerala. Kerala is breathtaking, relaxing and is the perfect last stop on your trip.
- You can book flights to Bengaluru / Chennai and Kochi / Trivandrum, but keep in mind that you can get cheap flights from Kochi to Bangaluru / Chennai several times a day if the other options are too expensive.
- Even if Kochi and Trivandrum (cities in Kerala) look like they are close on the map, there is a four-hour drive in between. If you want to end your vacation at the beach, Kovalam and Varkala are close to Trivandrum, but Marari (like many other tourist spots in Kerala) is closer to Kochi. You should definitely keep this in mind when booking your flights!
Our tip: Many Middle East airlines such as Emirates, Etihad and Quatar Airways have very good connections to and from the airport in Kerala, India.
In addition to the beautiful beaches, Kerala also has many beautiful cities that you can explore!
We at Indiasomeday are happy to help you with your individual trip to India, no matter which airport in India you are heading to! Plan your trip with us now!
- What is the opposite of huge
- How are political ideologies constructed socially
- ENTPs like to cuddle
- Which car is good up to seven lakhs
- What do you call a media man
- Will Kannada become extinct
- You can negotiate at Costco
- Are Muslims hostile to other communities
- What can a bladder ultrasound detect
- Why were Democrats against radical Republicans?
- What is the Christian view of legitimate suicide
- Plastic glasses block UV light
- Singapore admires the PRC
- What are the benefits of learning Malayalam
- What is this means in Chinese
- How was the India Voice Fest 2019
- Will casteism end in India?
- Why is Brad Pitt banned from China
- What was the UFA
- Is Buddhism for or against luck
- Was Yugoslavia under Soviet control
- How strong was Hitler's bunker
- What are the Tamils doing wrong
- The Japanese language is the same as Chinese