Why are pigs considered unclean in Islam?
Why don't Muslims eat pork?
Home> FAQ> Why Don't Muslims Eat Pork?
According to the Koran, pork is one of the forbidden foods and is considered unclean. In the Koran it says:
“He has forbidden you only meat from dead animals, blood, pork and meat, about which (during the slaughter) a being other than God has been invoked. But if someone finds himself in a predicament without committing something that is forbidden on his own initiative, he is not to blame. God is merciful and ready to forgive. “(Sura 2/173).
For many Muslims, this ban on not eating pork also means foregoing preparations or medicinal ingredients that are obtained from pigs, such as gelatine for capsules, heart valves and the like. The Muslims also refer to a saying of the Prophet Muhammad, in which it says: “God has sent down a cure for every disease. So treat this, but not with something forbidden. “That means, therapy that contradicts the Islamic regulations is forbidden (see case study Food regulations). Unless you find yourself in a predicament where there is no alternative. Under such circumstances, the Islamic principle of ethics applies: "The emergency lifts the prohibitions." This means that the forbidden medicines, e.g. those obtained from pigs, may be taken. In such a situation, the patient ultimately has to make the decision himself with his conscience. For this, however, he should not lack medical and theological education.
But it can also happen that Muslims do not consume other types of meat in the hospital because the meat to be consumed was not slaughtered according to Islamic rituals (butchered meat). In such cases, it would be appropriate to offer these patients a vegetarian diet that does not contain any animal fats or alcohol. The fact that not eating in the hospital can also only have something to do with the different kitchen culture.
back to the FAQ overview
A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W-Y, Z
|Implementation and promotion|
- Likes Al Qaeda ISIS
- What is the deeper meaning of spirituality
- Who colonized eastern North America
- How did gold get its value?
- Why do we need a world order
- For how much did Google earn Bump
- Disciplined people are unhappy
- What is India's role in Balochistan
- How can someone apply for a UK visa
- How do you celebrate Diwali 1
- Quora is more of an opinion than a fact
- Bangladesh is a liberal country
- What would happen if America were overthrown?
- Which Are The Best Dentists in Indore
- Suicide can be justified
- Are Arab girls interested in Pakistani boys?
- Is scotch and whiskey the same
- Why do countries always fight against themselves
- What are the most annoying Instagram habits
- What is logical marxism or voluntaryism
- What are the best restaurants in Chandni Chowk
- What kind of music stimulates creative thinking?
- If global capitalism fails
- Should the United States colonize Great Britain