What is the use of silver
Silver - what is it?
Silver is a chemical element and is shown in the periodic table with the abbreviation Ag marked. It is one of the classic Precious and heavy metals.
Silver is a soft and easily malleable metal. It has the highest electrical conductivity of all elements and also the highest thermal conductivity of metals.
Silver - origin and history
Silver has been around since then 5th millennium BC Chr. used. At that time it was mostly extracted in the mines of Laurion, which were about 50 kilometers from Athens. At times, silver was even considered more valuable than gold. It used to be among the Egyptians as well Moon metal known. In the Middle Ages, more and more silver ore deposits were discovered. The largest silver production at that time was in Schwaz, Austria.
Later there was more and more common Silver exporters, especially the Spanish and Japanese. But due to the sharp increase in supply and gold as a currency metal, the economic importance of the value of silver declined. Today the global demand for silver is increasing again as it can be used well in many areas. For example, it is becoming more and more important in the electrical industry.
Silver - properties and appearance
According to its physical properties, silver is one of the Heavy metals. It is soft and stretchy and can do best of all metals Conduct heat and electricity.
The appearance of silver ore, which has just been mined, is reminiscent of granite. If silver has already been processed, it is more likely to have one white, brilliant shine.
Silver - use
Silver is used in many different fields these days:
- Furniture industry
- Electrical industry
- Pharmaceutical industry
One of the earliest and oldest uses of silver was as a means of payment. Today it is only used for certain purposes in this area Investment used. Silver is mostly in the field today Jewellery common and known. Due to its properties as an electrical conductor, silver is also in the fields Electrical industry and chemistry very popular. Silver as a color is found, among other things, in the Furniture industry a lot of use. This is how beds, for example, have silver or silver feet Ornaments on headboards much more elegant and modern. Silver is also used as an additive in upholstery fabrics, e.g. as part of the Silverprotect technology.
- Why did Theo van Gogh die
- You can join SWAT after the military
- What is a cache memory 1
- Why does bodybuilding get so much hatred
- What are some interesting facts about penguins
- How can I join Microsoft
- Which military uniform has the best design
- Are communists really cruel in Kerala
- Are double convex lenses converging lenses
- Where to find red foxes in Australia
- What is aumated testing
- Is upenn nursing school difficult
- How well can cockroaches see
- Do you want to be politically correct?
- Why does Trump want Putin's approval?
- What determines which plants grow where
- How can I get miss perfect
- What are some good Kannada thriller novels
- What are some good plants to grow
- Different species of birds mate
- Which is better IIT or NDA
- Monthly lenses are better than daily
- What is the opposite of for
- When did you find happiness?
- Tamils believe in astrology
- Is Reuters neutral
- What is Indian Democracy
- What do Indonesians think of France?
- Why doesn't Trump publish his tax returns?
- Are all EMP bombs atomic bomb
- What are the negative sides of art
- How successful is the ICL operation
- What are the benefits of tailoring online