Is TOGA possible after touchdown of the aircraft
Opening report: Accident when attempting to go around late
Comments (28) Go to the homepage
To be able to write a comment, you have to register or log in at aero.de.
Post from 09.10.2016 - 09:13
Post from 08.09.2016 - 1:47 pm
Hello, just very briefly: I always follow the discussions on a wide variety of topics with great interest. I have been working on the flying machine for 27 years, but I never sit in the front of the plane when it is flying. This is precisely why it is very important to me that flight personnel will continue to share opinions here in the future! (Especially with such a topic.) To keep it that way, it doesn't always concern you that way, not everyone can always be right!
Thank you very much!
You're right ;-) Unfortunately, there is not always one "truth".
This case is and remains interesting, precisely because it is not that clear ...
In my opinion, the two up front made two mistakes:
- the approach / landing was not aborted "correctly"
- the landing gear retracted too early
You can get hold of that relatively quickly. Unfortunately, it's not quite as clear-cut how you got into this situation in the first place.
There are still a lot of questions that the investigative commission can still clarify.
I ask myself, for example, why you are even allowed to fly to a reported WS?
Or also, why do you put both hands on the control horn with a G / A or a balked landing / or whatever you want to call it and not leave the thrust lever?
How were the two trained?
Even 15kts tail wind at 48 (!) ° outside temperature seem like a lot to me ...
Perhaps it is also the curse of today's technology that the operator is condemned to routine observation far too often (everything is done by the autopilot ;-)), but should still have the complete and above all correct picture of the overall situation within seconds .
You can be as good as you want, but something will still go wrong that you have real problems keeping it under control ...
Therefore, even if it should be absolutely clear that the pilots in this plane actually made the above-mentioned mistakes, further searches should and must be made to see whether these mistakes have not been made possible or promoted in other places (A / C design, operational processes, etc.)
This contribution was edited on 08.09.2016 13:53.
Post from 07.09.2016 - 17:13
Hello, just very briefly: I am always very keen to follow the discussions on a wide variety of topics. I have been working on the flying machine for 27 years, but I never sit in the front of the plane when it is flying. This is precisely why it is very important to me that flight personnel will continue to share opinions here in the future! (Especially with such a topic.) To keep it that way, it doesn't always concern you that way, not everyone can always be right!
Thank you very much!
- What is your favorite activity in Australia?
- Why does our society promote fake celebrities
- Deepika Padukone is a Danish citizen
- What is the worst animal
- What are the secrets of church growth
- How to make a BMT sandwich
- What is a budget deficit
- What is airline ticketing and reservation
- How often should you tweet
- When will Cape Cod go away?
- Is Baahubali a Bollywood film
- How can I change my own mentality?
- What is your favorite Shakespeare novel
- What are the stages of sociopathy development
- Covers Medicaid blood tests
- Marries Percy Jackson Annabeth Chase
- Can there be a third world war
- Is the Dhruv Rathee squad still active?
- What can prevent retinal reading
- Where are the ABBA members now
- Is Mangalore really cleaner than Mysore
- When will we celebrate Diwali this year
- What is buying and selling in Forex
- Why is the American language considered English
- Why is John Lennon so popular
- Did the Soviet Union have a currency?
- Did Osama Bin Laden speak English
- How violent Antifa really is
- How does ENSO affect the Indian monsoons
- Is Aotearoa Maori for New Zealand
- How can I improve my handwriting 25
- How can I make my students small?
- Would you ever move to boston