Is Hungary wrong to refuse asylum to refugees?
Rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people
In May 2020, parliament passed a law prohibiting the official recognition of the desired gender identity of trans people and intersex people. The law stipulates that sex must be determined at birth based on biological sex characteristics and chromosomes and cannot be changed later. This means that transgender people can no longer change their gender in official documents and certificates in order to reconcile it with their gender identity. These measures violate the internationally recognized rights to human dignity and respect for private and family life, as well as the prohibition of discrimination.
In July 2020, the European Court of Human Rights ruled that Hungary had violated the right to respect for the private and family life of a trans man from Iran. He had been recognized as a refugee in Hungary because of the persecution based on his gender identity, but the authorities refused to legally recognize his gender and name.
In December 2020, parliament passed a law denying lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex people the right to adoption. At the same time, Parliament introduced discriminatory amendments to the constitution stating that "the mother is a woman and the father is a man" and that a person's gender must be defined at the time of birth and cannot be changed.
In May 2020 the highest court in Hungary, the Kúria, confirmed that the maternity ward of a hospital in the city of Miskolc discriminated against pregnant Romnija from underprivileged and financially weak households because it forced the birth attendants to buy and wear "birth clothes" for hygienic reasons. As a result, many of the affected Romnija had to give birth without their birth companion. The court ordered the end of this practice.
Gender discrimination in the workplace and in the labor market particularly affected pregnant women and women with young children who wanted to return to work. The authorities did not ensure access to effective legal remedies to deal with an unlawful release.
- What are children's rights in school
- Which are the top 10 Malayalam novels
- What are common welding techniques
- How is a day at IIFT?
- What are the Tamils doing wrong
- Which factors influence international business?
- Should India separate into several countries
- Why was Gulshan Kumar murdered
- Who is the frustrated Indian
- Why do Bangladeshis shave girls' heads
- What is a C3R
- Why did Germany not conquer Switzerland?
- Who enjoys life the most
- When is critical thinking counterproductive?
- How much does college debt affect someone
- Why do hotels offer shower caps
- Who is the best young Malayalam actor
- How much does a DIY wedding cost
- How much do owls weigh
- Who is the most arrogant male celebrity
- Why is handshaking harmful?
- Luxury watches have a high durability
- Who bought Canada
- What does bad menstrual pain mean