Why are you applying for American University
Master's degree in International Relations
The program is based on a cooperation agreement between the MAIB and the School of International Service, American University.
It sees the exchange of up to 5 students per year in the Master’s degree in "International Relations" and the FU degree programs M.A. International Relations, Comparative Politics and IR Online for one Non-degree exchanges with the School of International Service. At a Non-degree exchanges there is no possibility of obtaining an MA degree. The credits you acquire there can, however, be recognized. Applicants should be prepared that only one study place for one semester is given to MAIB students.
An application committee of the MAIB selects the applications for the exchange program. Berlin nominates candidates, the nominees then have to apply directly to the American University, where the final decision on admission will be made. There are no tuition fees at SIS, but the cost of living in Washington is borne by the students themselves. The students should apply for a scholarship parallel to the application (e.g. DAAD).
Application deadline for Springterm (January to mid-May): September 1st
Application deadline for fall term (August to mid-December): 15. January
The receipt of the complete application is decisive for compliance with the application deadline, not the postmark (cut-off period!).
Applications for the exchange program must be submitted to the MAIB office. The responsible commission selects suitable candidates and nominates them for the exchange program. (The application committee reserves the right to invite applicants to a personal interview). Berlin nominates candidates and the AU, SIS decides on admission.
Submit your application as early as possible so that any questions can be clarified in good time.
The following documents are required (please do not staple them together). Further information on the application documents can be found in the SIS forms (see links).
All documents please submit twice, in the original for SIS and a copy for us:
- Completed Application form
- Tabular curriculum vitae (signed, with place and date) in English. Please provide information on your choice of subject, your course of study as well as non-university activities, social engagement, etc.
- Statement of Purpose in English. (approx. 500 words)
- An expert opinion (in English). The reviewers must send the reviews directly to the application committee (by post or by email to [email protected]). The reviews must also be received by the application deadline at the latest. A handing over of the reports to the applicants is excluded
- Copy of the first degree certificate (e.g. Bachelor) or, if applicable, the intermediate examination or intermediate diploma certificate
- official current transcript (The correctness of the information on the number and grading of the certificates will be checked after the selection has been completed. If the information is incorrect or incomplete, the nomination will be withdrawn)
- Certificate of enrollment
- Proof of language proficiency: TOEFL (at least 250 computer-based points / 600 paper-based points / 100 Internet-based points) or IELTS (at least 7.0 in total). Institutional TOEFL score reports cannot be accepted. The tests should not be more than two years ago. Language test results can also be sent directly to SIS (TOEFL: code 5007, IELTS: select School of International Service)
- completed CFIS form (https://www.american.edu/ocl/isss/upload/cfis-2.pdf to be filled out by April 1, 2020. Note !! In Part II, please fill in: DS-2019 (J-1 visa). AU provides DS-2019, not I-20 for non-degree exchange students from / Concerning finances: Ignore Tuition Fee. The costs are calculated for 2 semesters. Exchange students can therefore halve them.)
- completed Immunization Form (under 26 years of age)
- Bank statement "indicating that you have sufficient funds to cover expenses for the duration of your study in the USA "
- Passport photo
- Copy of ID and US visas that you already have
Contact person at the FU
Contact person at A&M University
Amy Marrion, email: [email protected]
- Did Trump force someone to lie?
- Should the newspaper have a column of opinion
- What for is the Korean translation next to it
- Why didn't Nazi Germany invade Spain?
- Why are dentists not respected
- Isn't the Republic of TV clearly pro BJP
- Stock options or phantom stock in India
- Why is the Velvet Underground so influential
- How are atheists perceived in American society
- What would a fascist utopia look like?
- What causes strabismus in adults
- How should I ship a frozen product?
- What are some good Malaysian recipes
- How many official color names are there
- Can Donald Trump change Congress
- What freedom do girls get in Pakistan
- What should be the principle of life
- Which is the best hotel in Kovalam
- Could humans revive the woolly mammoth
- What kind of sedimentary rock is chert
- How did St. Gluvias become a saint
- What do Americans prefer democracy or Trumpocracy
- How many people speak English in Laos
- What is the name of the Thai alphabet