Do taller people really make more money
Do taller people make more money?
According to a meta-analysis of four studies (> 8,000 subjects in total) by Judge and Cable (2004):
Height is positively related to income after gender, age and weight have been checked.
A study by Persico et al. 2004 provides a further review and analysis of the height-to-income ratio and indicates that most presidents are well above the average height of their time (see figure below). Finally, an article by Scientific American offers an interesting discussion of the relationship between size and other characteristics.
Judge and Cable, 2004, The Impact of Height on Success and Income in the Workplace: Preliminary Trial of a Theoretical Model.J Appl Psychol.Jun; 89 (3): 428- 41.doi: 10.1037 / 0021-9010.89.3.428
Persico, Nicola, Andrew Postlewaite, and Dan Silverman.2004. The Impact of Youth Experience on Labor Market Outcomes: The Fall of Height, ”Journal of Political Economy, 112 (5) (2004), 1019-1053doi: 10.1086 / 422566
- Why are beeswax candles better
- How are Melbournians
- How much are record producers paid
- What is the greatest gemstone ever found
- Have you ever lived on a boat
- Why many Muslims support Aurangzeb
- The war on terror will last forever
- Which interior designers work in IKEA
- How are people like ostriches
- Online assignment tools are useful
- Should Portland take action against anti-fascist organizations
- What are examples of unconscious behavior
- Jimi Hendrix is the greatest guitarist of all time
- Why is an HTTPS certificate so expensive
- How can wrong friends influence you
- Who discovered the human body?
- George Orwell was a libertarian socialist
- What UV radiation is harmful to humans
- How do I get my periods today
- How do pilots deal with turbulence
- How do you prevent terrorism
- What is your most terrible fantasy of revenge
- Does Barkha Dutt have ties to ISI
- Which is the best hotel in New Zealand