How to Stay Consistent See details
The best dog training tips
So that the coexistence with your dog works well, certain basic rules are necessary. But don't worry: learning these rules can be a lot of fun for your dog. Through positive interaction and playful solving of tasks, you encourage your dog and strengthen the bond with one another. In this article, we will show you what to look out for.
The 3 most important basic commands
If your four-legged friend knows and follows these commands, you can be safe with your dog and rely on him even in dangerous situations. He'll listen to you.
1. "Come" or "Here": Only when you know that your dog is coming back reliably can you let him off the leash. Watch our video on the command
2. "At your feet": A relaxed walk is not possible if your dog is constantly pulling on the leash. Take a look at our video on the “At Foot” command.
3. "Off": Your dog sometimes has to drop things or let them go if, for example, he is not supposed to eat something. You can see in the video how to teach your dog the command "Off".
3 other useful commands
In the videos above you have already seen ways to teach your dog something new. The 3 basic commands are important for your dog to approach you returns, with you remains or leaves something what not to do. You can also use the methods shown above to teach your dog to other masterpieces and also to further improve the way you handle your dog.
4. "Seat": This command is often learned first and very easily. It is helpful if you want to leash your dog somewhere in everyday life, stop briefly to chat while walking or want to load something into the car.
5th "place": With this command you bring your dog to rest. If you are in the office and you want your dog to stay with you or not to run around the waiters between the legs in a restaurant, "space" is also a matter of practice. Your dog will not lay down immediately after learning the command. Slowly but steadily increase the duration.
6. "Stop": This is particularly important when crossing roads or when walking in the field Command is indispensable. It tells your dog to stop immediately. If the leash gets caught or you want to put it back on, your dog will stop for it.
Puppy training - with the play instinct for correct commands
With dogs it is like with us humans: children and puppies are playful, inquisitive and need a lot of attention. This is the phase in which you can teach your pup the most by harnessing his or her playful instinct. The Learning andExercise phases should you keep it short in puppies. With puppies, focus on one command in particular. Only proceed to the next step after you have successfully repeated it several times. Between 8 and 16 weeks of life, you can also have one Puppy school for your little four-legged friend souvenir. Your puppy will learn how to handle and communicate with other conspecifics and other people.
Without being overwhelmed, your puppy should learn the most important commands in a playful way. In spite of training and a pronounced play instinct, pay attention at this age sufficient rest periods and offer your dog a retreat. Rest is important for healthy growth and the processing of the many new impressions and rules.
Age-appropriate dog training - how many rules does your dog need?
Not the number of rules, but Your consequence is most important in dog training. Depending on your age, you should adjust the number of commands to be learned at the same time.
In the puberty are Dogs often lack concentration and can show new character traits. It is especially important now to be consistent. With patience, up to three commands can be trained alternately. However, be careful not to overwhelm your teenage dog.
Adult dogs already have their own limits and preferences that you should respect. You know your dog best and are therefore able to cater to him well when it comes to training. Challenge your dog with new challenges and new experiences.
How to train your dog perfectly: These 5 rules also apply to you
1. Stay consistent
Rule is rule. Your dog can only accept them if you follow your own rules consistently. Dogs need a consistent dog owner in order to be able to orient themselves.
2. Reward your dog
With positive reinforcement and rewards will train your dog the fastest. Rewards also strengthen the common bond.
3. Do not overwhelm your dog
If your dog is overwhelmed, it is no longer fun to learn and the intended educational effect does not materialize. Therefore, also pay attention to Rest periods.
4. Use the play instinct
With playful Your dog will learn training methods the fastest. Still, stay consistent even while playing.
5. Be patient
Dog training is sometimes tedious and takes time. Especially the little young fur balls are eager to learn, but very playful. Do not give up.
Take your time with parenting. With patience, you too can have fun training dogs and after the most important basic commands you can also try out various tricks.
Rewards for Success - Dog training without violence
When learning commands, dogs react to both positive and negative reinforcement. The desired behavior is rewarded. Unwanted behavior is rewarded with rejection.
Appropriate rewards are, on the one hand, treats, such as the pedigree® Tasty, but also praise, caressing and other positive reactions. Dogs react to yours too posture and voice. You should therefore simply show your dog with behavior and voice when he has done something particularly well.
Rejection means refusing treats for your dog, but so is your reaction. If he neither hears your voice of praise nor gets your attention, your dog will change his behavior in order to be successful next time.
In Dog schools and special Puppy courses together with a dog trainer, you will learn how to deal with it, how to act consistently and how to reward yourself for the perfect training success.
Danger! Beatings or other acts of violence against your dog are never suitable training measures!
The most common mistakes in dog training
1. Multiple command
With the command "Stay“Your dog has to sit and wait. If, as you walk away, you say "Stay ... Stay ... Stay ... Stay" repeat over and over, your dog will start running as soon as you stop saying “stay”. This will teach him to obey the command only as long as you repeat it.
2. When word and gesture contradict one another
posture, facial expressions and Voices have to go together. Giving the command “sit” in a friendly voice and limp posture will not encourage your dog to follow you.
3. Carelessness and forgetfulness
If your dog is already good at the commands, you should still practice with him regularly to consolidate what he has learned. Make sure that your commands are executed correctly.
4. Praising too late
Your dog learns especially with praise and recognition. If you have to dig up a treat and your dog is whimpering for it, you will only reinforce the whimpering and begging instead of rewarding the desired behavior.
With these tips and tricks you are well equipped to train your dog perfectly. We wish you a lot Fun and success in the joint exercises.
- What is the Marxist view of Savonarola
- How are horses used for therapy
- What is a dermatologist's lifestyle
- What is the scientific name of the tiger
- What's in your first aid kit
- Which countries support North Korea
- Why did Hitler try to invade Iceland?
- What is the quality control rating
- How does gender affect aging
- Are all IITians smart
- How to stimulate a clitoris
- Which nose ring should I get
- How is Karunanidhi known to Sadhguru
- Does the gun control work in Europe?
- How to prevent psoriasis from spreading
- Why is fire usually orange and yellow
- How can I learn Silvaco TCAD
- What caused my dizziness and vomiting
- What are Adobe Illustrator Alternatives
- We humans respect the other life enough
- What's going on in a cult
- Why are some people against vaccines 1
- Who killed Sri Krishna in the Mahabharata
- Converted Sumita Williams to Islam