How is luggage checked at airports?
Airport security jobs
Safety comes first in times of possible attacks. It must be guaranteed that both passengers and employees can get to their travel destination safely. The work of the security inspector therefore focuses explicitly on security and control and ensures this at every hour of the day. The work of a security control person requires a variety of skills and covers an interesting selection of tasks.
Duties of the aviation security officer
Control is very important to ensure security at the airport. Both baggage and hand baggage as well as objects carried must be checked. Goods, staff and boarding passes must also be checked. Using technical aids such as X-ray machines, body scanners or explosives detection devices, dangerous substances, weapons or other illegal goods can be identified. The field of activity of the inspector for personnel and carried items also extends to the entire control of mail and freight, because at an airport it is not only the passengers who travel. The diverse activities are divided into individual areas of responsibility, which are named in detail according to EU requirements. In summary, the tasks are:
- Checking checked baggage, hand baggage, people and objects carried with you using body scanners, explosives detection devices and hand probes
- Identifying and repelling dangerous and illegal materials
- Control of goods, staff and boarding passes
- Aircraft control and alarm tracking
- Carrying out patrols, patrols and take on fixed posts
- Return prevention and security support for airport deliveries
- Monitoring of external actors such as suppliers, craftsmen and construction workers
- X-ray inspection of packages, freight and mail
- Aircraft sealing, aircraft or cabin searches
- Access controls to the aircraft
- Control of board supplies
Employment opportunities and future prospects
For years there has been a steady increase in the need for personnel in air traffic and, in particular, for airport jobs in the security sector, the need is likely to continue to rise. That is why the profession of security control person in particular offers a safe, stable working environment. There are also opportunities for advancement, but they are often dependent on the employer. If you are highly motivated, there are opportunities for further development as a trainer for flight security forces.
Structure and scope of retraining to become an aviation security officer
If you are looking for a varied job at the meeting point for travelers from all over the world, you have come to the right place with further training to become a supervisor for personnel and items carried. As part of the further training course, the participants can acquire reliable specialist knowledge and knowledge of the specific tasks and the legal provisions. Section 7 of the Aviation Security Act determines who is allowed to take part in the training to become a control officer for personnel and objects carried.
Requirements for participating in the retraining
- Middle school leaving certificate or completed vocational training
- positive police clearance certificate without registration
- Proof of reliability
- Physical fitness and mental resilience
- Willingness to work in shifts
Further requirements such as the ability to work in a team, flexibility, a sense of responsibility, enthusiasm for the job and reliability are expected, as well as the fulfillment of the legal requirements. A friendly demeanor towards staff and respectful handling of the items carried are also required. Well-considered action, the right reaction in an emergency and a customer-oriented, friendly demeanor are also desirable.
Contents of the retraining
The content of the retraining to become a control officer for personnel and objects carried not only includes the activities in accordance with the Aviation Security Act, but also contact with passengers and internal processes at the airport in order to ensure smooth and pleasant work.
The exact contents are:
- Organization of aviation and aviation security
- Legal studies
- Weapons and explosives science
- Sound methodological knowledge (e.g. X-ray technology) for identifying prohibited objects
- Dealing with passengers and persons to be checked
- Communication, conflict management
- Carrying out physical checks
- Carrying out vehicle checks
- English for flight security officers
The content of the retraining is imparted over a period of three months. After the content has been conveyed, an official examination follows, which must be successfully completed in order to qualify as an aviation security officer.
- What is the most destructive force in nature
- Why should China help third world countries?
- What is Fatimah in Telugu Script
- Is dividend tax exempt
- What are some examples of positive attitudes
- Why is the Velvet Underground so influential
- Which vegetables should be eaten with chapati?
- Why did Mother Teresa help the poor
- Why do small dogs lick so much
- What are the types of movies
- Will mumble rap by 2020
- Why are tunnels used instead of bridges
- How has speech recognition changed people's lives
- What is the difference between maximum and minimum
- How can a Nepali go to Pakistan
- What's strange about your teacher
- Why is Tamil Nadu not developed
- When do narcissists leave their babies?
- Have Labrador Retrievers lost a lot
- How good is Nirma for MBA
- How can idealists be successful in life
- Canadians are considered little Americans
- Why is silver valuable
- What are the causes of the political dynasty