How hackers use Linux
Detect hacker attacks on Linux
A modern server operating system, a well-configured firewall and an administrator who regularly scans the log files - they are considered a guarantee for a secure local network.
But to say it in advance: An absolutely secure system would be in a locked room at Fort Knox and would not have access to the Internet. In other words, no system or network is completely secure. Therefore, paranoia is the best strategy:
First, make a system as secure as possible.
However, do not trust your security measures, but instead continue to assume the "worst case" - the successful hacker break-in.
Why this paranoia? It's simple: not everything is within your sphere of influence. Weaknesses or bugs in the software used and the ingenuity of hackers can lead to a break-in, no matter how good a security strategy and perfect configuration.
If there is a risk that hacking attacks could be successful, one should think about how to detect them. Nothing is worse than a successful attack that is noticed too late or not at all. The attacker could make changes to files and configurations and then blur them. Finding such changes is like looking for a needle in a haystack.
Quite apart from that, a hacker will use the boarded system as a platform for attacks on other systems. The "captured" server then acts as the "attacking" host. Image damage and the warning costs are often much higher than the direct damage on the server. An administrator quickly finds himself in need of an explanation if he cannot provide a plausible reason for a hacker to stay in the system for several weeks.
- Who plans how a city will develop
- How to pronounce Khmer in English
- What is a grenade made of?
- Are rocket launcher cannons
- Love girls with big breasts
- What are the ingredients for measuring GDP
- What is a grade four grenade
- What's worse than being killed?
- How many Brahmins live in Pakistan now
- What causes apathy
- What does India really want now?
- What are the top UC schools
- How much does a pet horse cost
- Do any religion support intellectualism?
- What was the Eisenhower Doctrine
- Consciousness is just eyesight
- Why is San Francisco so attractive
- What are the best brunch recipes
- Sinus infection can affect high blood pressure
- Do narcissists love misery
- Am I a perfectionist 1
- Why is Apple successful
- What are the benefits of eating pizza
- What screams in aviation