Pakistanis celebrate Women's Day
Christians for women's rights
On the eve of International Women's Day on March 8, Christian and Muslim women called for freedom to work and to receive better opportunities overall at an event at the Dominican Peace Center in Lahore. More than 100 participants attended the meeting, including women religious, religious leaders and women leaders. They met under the motto of this year's International Women's Day “#PressforProgress”.
Above all, women underlined some of the fundamental rights that they actually have but that are not always granted to them in Pakistan: the right to drive, the right. to run in elections, the right to inherit and support the family, and the right to an education. They also highlighted the lack of help centers and the regular harassment they are exposed to on the street or at work.
The meeting was organized by the United Religious Initiative (Uri) Pakistan. This organization unites 54 associations and societies with the aim of creating interreligious peace and harmony. The initiative organizes seminars on emancipation and against violence against women. For the past eleven years they have also given hygiene courses and tailoring courses for women who live in rural areas. Training courses for management positions and communication were added last year.
Since 1911, women around the world have been drawing attention to problems caused by a lack of equality on International Women's Day.
(asianews - nv)
- Can the Roman Catholic Church be saved?
- Why do Kannadigas emigrate to Tamil Nadu
- The third world war is really close
- Why are journalists approached in India
- Can Kejriwal be a PM
- What are arrays and their types
- Why is China trying to harass Taiwan
- Why is China defending North Korea
- Which are the companies with good salaries
- What are the IATA areas
- Was Napoleon Bonaparte anti-Semitic 1
- What is a Bitcoin? Is it safe?
- What makes a student memorable
- What factors influence investing
- Children can go to Sula vineyards
- Can Homeopathy ADHD Cure ADHD
- Is there any consciousness other than object consciousness
- Was Hitler's ideology completely wrong
- Does Washington DC have any cities
- Indonesians take parliamentary elections seriously
- What is a vacuum flask
- Why did you choose a PR career?
- How walkable is Austin TX
- India is part of China