How can I safely import from Thailand
Welcome to the website of the Federal Foreign Office
Obligation to register cash in EU travel
Since June 15, 2007, Regulation (EC) No. 1889/2005 of the European Parliament and of the Council of October 26, 2005 (OJ EU No. L 309 of November 25, 2005, page 9) on the Monitoring of cash moving into or out of the territory of the European Union.
Travelers must with Entry into the EU or exit from the EU In accordance with Article 3 (1) of Regulation (EC) No. 1889/2005 in conjunction with Section 12a (1) in conjunction with Section 1 (4) of the Customs Administration Act (ZollVG), cash carried in the amount of 10,000 euros or more or in other currencies (e.g. Swiss francs, US dollars, British pounds) the corresponding equivalent values to the competent national authority, usually the customs authority, in writing using the 0400 or 0401 form. This is not to be confused with a permit for the import and export of cash, which is still not required.
Travelers who travel to Germany from a non-EU country or from Germany to a non-EU country using equivalent means of payment with a total value of 10,000 euros or more must verbally report this amount to the customs officer upon questioning. In the event of a control, there is an obligation to provide information on their origin, the beneficial owner and the intended use to the control officers and, if necessary, to submit documents.
The term cash is defined in registration forms 0400 and 0401 (German and English, page 2). The registration forms (in German and English), leaflets and other information can be found on the website of German customs.
Also at Travel within the EU Any cash carried along as well as equivalent means of payment of 10,000 euros or more (or the equivalent value in another currency) must be verbally reported to the customs officials upon questioning in accordance with Section 12a Paragraph 2 in conjunction with Section 1 Paragraph 4 ZollVG, as well as their origin, the beneficial owner and the purpose of this cash and equivalents To explain the means of payment.
Additional information can be found on the website of the European Commission.
For further questions, travelers can contact the
General Customs Directorate - Central Information
P.O. Box 100761
Tel. 0351 44834-510
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 0351 44834-590
Answers to all questions relating to the importation of goods into Germany can be found on the customs authority's homepage at www.zoll.de. You can find information on exemption from customs duties in connection with moving to Germany by entering the keyword “personal effects” as a search term .
You can send specific individual questions directly to the customs authorities: [email protected]
Application form for issuing a removal certificate:
Import and export of animals and plants of endangered species
Many animal and plant species around the world are endangered or even threatened with extinction as a result of trade interests. In order to be able to counteract this threat effectively, the "Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora" - in short "Washington Convention on the Protection of Species" (English: CITES, Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna a Flora) - closed.
Import of copied branded products
In the case of counterfeit or counterfeit goods that are not of a commercial nature and that you are carrying in your personal luggage as a tourist on a trip to Germany, the customs authorities do not intervene in accordance with the provisions of industrial property protection.
However, if there are indications of commercial activity with regard to the type and quantity of counterfeit or counterfeit goods, your person or other circumstances, this exception cannot be used. The counterfeit or counterfeit goods may not be imported for commercial purposes. A commodity is used in business transactions if it serves any business purpose of its own or that of a third party. This applies regardless of whether the quantity and value limits applicable to the import duty exemption have been complied with. Luggage sent in advance or on the same route of transport is subject to the same import regulations as your personally carried luggage. However, if your luggage is forwarded or forwarded by post or courier service, it is not considered to have been carried and the regulations for postal items apply.
Brand and product piracy
Entry regulations and value limits for travel to Thailand
Again and again we receive inquiries about the entry regulations and value limits for travel to Thailand.
The following flyers currently made available by the Thai Customs Administration (as of January 20, 2020) explain the entry requirements, value limits and customs procedures for people in travel, especially for air passengers.
A distinction is made between:
- "Nothing to declare" - personal luggage with a value limit of 20,000 THB or quantity restrictions for alcohol and tobacco products,
- "Goods to Declare" - personal luggage with a value of over 20,000 THB or goods intended for commercial use and, if the allowances for alcohol and tobacco products are exceeded, also goods that require approval such as. E.g. medication, weapons, live animals but also COSMETICS or DRONES!
- "Prohibited Goods" - strict import ban, e.g. also for so-called E-CIGARETTES!
Flyer to download:
- Eid is a public holiday
- What if Albania were still communist?
- How do I use Amazon Web Services
- What rule is utilitarianism
- What freedom do girls get in Pakistan
- Are double convex lenses converging lenses
- Are all Flat Earthers evolutionists or creationists
- What is the significance of customer complaints
- Why are the people right against the alto
- Why was George Bush arrested
- Is someone excluded from human rights
- What part of the brain sees color
- What makes Sweden such a toxic society
- Have you ever worn a bow tie
- Are you proud to be Slavic?
- What do we expect from Indian youth
- You can join SWAT after the military
- What is the best big salt lamp
- Are Japanese people familiar with other cultures?
- What would a world flag look like
- What types of speeches are interesting
- What is cable sheathing
- Why is Nita Ambani for charity
- How can I be a selfish person
- What are some online payments scams
- Because peace is power necessary or not
- Can I buy diamond jewelry from EMI
- What properties make it impossible to oxidize gold?
- How did Ambani make such a fortune
- Which jobs have very poor job security
- What is DBZ Kai
- What are the reasons for eye pressure
- Work tall growing drugs
- Would you ever get a face tattoo