Why do cats have kittens of different colors
8 coat colors of our house tigers & what the coat reveals about the character of your cat
- Each cat's coat color is unique
- The fur pattern is individual, like a person's fingerprint
- In addition to body structure, eyes and character, coat color and drawing are characteristics of our cats.
- There are three basic types of colors and 8 coat colors
- There are four different definitions for the individual coat drawing
- What the fur reveals about your cat's character
1. The colors
The size and shape of the melanin pigment particles in the hair determine the color of your cat's fur. Genetically, the color gene is on the X chromosome.
There are three basic types of colors:
By diluting the pigment in the hair, one color is lightened (cream, blue, brown). For caramelizations the brown tone prevails.
White cats lack melanin in their skin and hair. They are not albinos; their eyes can be colored blue, green, or brown. Even so, white cats often have genetic defects such as balance problems, visual disturbances or deafness.
The fur of cats can be one color or have many colors. The combination was mostly created through targeted breeding.
- Shaded: the hair is only 2/3 colored
- Tipped: white hair with dark tips
- Ticking: the hair is streaked
- Variants are silver shaded, or smoke.
2. Fur drawing
Each cat has its own, individual coat pattern:
- Tabby: the fur is tabby, brindle, striped or spotted.
- Classic botched: wide stripes on the back and shoulders form the shape of a butterfly
- Spotted: The stripes are broken up into small dots
- Ticking: Each hair is so strongly banded that a pattern is no longer recognizable.
3. Fur pattern
- Torbies: strong tendency
- Point: colored spots on the face, ears and tail
- Tortie: Tortoiseshell
4. What the coat color says about the character
Gray tabby:The cats' wild ancestors only had gray fur. Gray cats are said to be loners and tend to play aggressively. They love outdoor walks and hunting.
Black: Black cats are ambivalent, stubborn, and friendly, independent, while attached to people. They like to be out and about and often explore the wider area on their forays.
Black and white and gray and white: The intelligent, active cats are excellent hunters. They're not that affectionate, but like to make friends with people and other animals when they are beneficial.
Chocolate brown: The cats are intelligent, playful and friendly. They call for attention through frequent meowing. If they don't get what they want, they also use their claws.
White: White cats often have hearing and sight problems. They are therefore very affectionate and follow their owner everywhere.
Point:Point cats are very affectionate, but they often prefer individual people and ignore the rest of the family members. They are similar to dogs and can also be kept on a leash. Point cats know exactly what they want and they will achieve their goal with perseverance.
Lucky cats: Tortoiseshell cats are mostly female. You have an extraordinary personality and do not make friends with everyone. Once they have decided on a partnership, they are loyal companions.
Red:In red cats, the males dominate. You can assert yourself excellently, if necessary with vocalizations. Cats behave more calmly than hangovers.
Regardless of the color and pattern of the fur, every cat is beautiful in its own individual way. Genetically, cats can only be red or black. All other color variants are dilutions of the pigment. The red coat color is inherited linked to the gender, only female cats can be black and red at the same time. Red monochrome cats are mostly male.
Find out more about the world of cats here on petdoctors:
- How do I change my behavior 1
- Which Indian politician is clean
- Is apathy worse than ignorance
- How can you become an emotionless being
- Should China change its dominant political party?
- Buddha is a god
- What is the purpose of devil worshipers
- Is economics linked to libertarianism
- Is it worth going to Sula Vineyards
- Is it possible to become more compassionate?
- Why are gemstones so valuable
- What is the best bagel cutter
- Which company offers Avaya products in the UK?
- How smart are Chinese government officials
- How did television get so popular
- How did you get over being socially awkward?
- Is ISIS worse than the Nazis
- What makes people nostalgic in 2018
- Forex can be highly profitable
- Is cryptocurrency mining a scam
- How will Western democracy fare in Russia?
- What is the best invitation email
- Why do Bangladeshis shave girls' heads
- Same-sex marriages should be legalized