Is Yandex blocked in China
Yandex with 100% not provided: No keywords but alternatives
Now the leading Russian search engine Yandex has made it impossible to evaluate the keywords searched for using analysis tools such as Google Analytics, Omniture or Webtrends. As with Google, all search queries are now encrypted. After all, Yandex tools can still be used to evaluate which keywords are generating sales.
Yandex is undisputedly the leading search engine in Russia (see also Yandex SEO and search engine marketing in Russia). Yesterday, surprisingly, the information came on the Yandex webmaster site that all search queries will be encrypted from now on. Encryption began last December, but in February only around 30 percent of search queries were encrypted.
Yandex justifies the step with the protection of privacy. Third-party tools should make it more difficult to collect user data. As is well known, Google took this step last year as part of the discussion about the NSA (see Not provided: Google will soon no longer display keywords at all).
Evaluation via Yandex.Metrika
In contrast to Google, where evaluations are only possible indirectly (see tips and tricks for SEO without data from Google), Yandex still enables detailed evaluations of which keywords are generating sales. However, only if Yandex.Metrika is used. Companies that use Google Analytics, Omniture (Sitecatalyst), Webtrends, eTracker, Webtrekk, Matomo-Analytics (Piwik) or similar analysis tools no longer receive any data.
Accordingly, it is suspected that this step will lead to the spread of the use of Yandex.Metrika. Even in Russia, the Yandex tool has so far only had a market share of 24 percent.
Would you like to find out more about the possibilities for web analytics or customer acquisition in Russia? Would you like to benefit from 24 years of experience in online marketing, web analytics and SEO?
| Profit from 17 years of experience of our local specialists with SEO and online marketing in Russia! We support you to understand the customer needs in Russia, to win customers and to use the sales potential. Contact Beat Z'graggen, our experts for international online marketing. As managing director of Worldsites with partner offices in 87 countries around the world, he has a lot of experience in customer acquisition in international markets. |
+41 (0)41 799 80 99
More articles from Beat Z'graggen
Created on June 17th, 2014 12:24 pm by Beat Z'graggen in Baidu Marketing China, Marketing in Russia, Potential Analysis, SEO, SEO Controlling.
- Like living in Qatar as an expat
- Pakistan is part of India
- What kind of democracy is there in Pakistan
- What are the basic colors
- Accepts Walmart American Express gift cards
- How many flights are carried out in India every day
- Are Kashmiris the lost tribes of Israel?
- What are some thai movies to watch
- Do rainbows actually contain the color purple
- What is the good anti aging cream
- Where can I find cool jeans
- Who is Shivam Mavi
- How did imperialism lead to world war
- Punishments make people more productive
- Where can I find out more about gemstones
- How do I implement an SMS gateway
- How does globalization affect national sovereignty?
- What is motor hunting
- Are you a mean person
- Are liberals or conservatives more violent?
- Neoliberalism ends
- Is there an innate maternal instinct in humans?
- What if we can breathe CO2
- How good is Akkam Overseas Immigration Consultancy
- Makes Warby Parker glasses
- Why do people vacation abroad
- Will Trump accelerate the war on ISIS
- What does Pakistan think of its history?
- What Bible verses made you an atheist?
- Which technology stack is Airtable based on
- What is the consideration
- There are many Korean users of Quora
- Why are school benches inclined