Do not agree with political dynasties
The Nanda dynasty
After the Haryaṅkas, according to the Buddhist histories of Sri Lanka, the Śiśunāgas - completely unknown to the Jainas - ruled in Magadha, to whom the Purāṇas, the mythological treatises of Hinduism, - incorrectly - ascribed Bimbisāra and his family. The Śiśunāgas continued the expansion policy of their predecessors. So Avanti was finally annexed to Magadha by them. After only 70 years they were succeeded by the Nandas as rulers of Magadha. Whatever the sources represent the end of their power and the beginning of that of the Nandas, they all agree that Mahāpadma Nanda, the founder of the dynasty of the same name, was a man of low descent. His father - according to others even himself - is said to have been a barber who had an illegitimate relationship with the king's wife, his mother a mean one. The Alexander historians Diodor (os), Plutarch and Curtius Rufus know something very similar - the Alexander story Arrian (V 25,1), Pliny (6,23,68) and the (unknown) author of the Epitome Mettensis leave none of it - to report on Xandrames (Ξανδράμης), the "King of the Prasioi". Phegeus - so-called authors -, an Indian tribal prince who ruled the Beas, told Alexander the great about this while he was standing by that river. Xandrames, a man of dubious origin, ruled the Prasioi across the Ganges and had a huge armed force - a message that Porus, another Indian ruler, was able to confirm. When Alexander then wanted to cross the Beas and advance into the valley of the Ganges in order to conquer the kingdom of Xandrames, his army revolted, which forced him to turn back. Since in the Prasioi, the "Eastern" (prācya), the Nandas are easy to recognize, that Xandrames must be one of the Nanda kings. Since it is the year 326 BC When the mutiny at the Beas Alexander's India campaign ended, it can hardly have been Mahāpadma Nanda. For only six years later the mighty Nanda empire, which, according to the Khāravela inscription, extended from Hāthīgumphā to Orissa, collapsed. But since the Nanda dynasty, at least according to the Purāṇas, comprised only two generations - allegedly Mahāpadma Nanda and his eight sons (see App. 1) - Xandrames will have been a son of Mahāpadma. In this case, Mahāpadma Nanda himself can be dated to about 350 BC. To be dated.
- What made you a conservative or a liberal?
- Is the Kedarkantha hike easy
- Is communitarianism better than individualism in society
- Will Apple stop selling iPads?
- What does Chandrayaan mean for ordinary Indians
- Accepts Y Combinator startups from Afghanistan
- What is free VPN
- How does double eyelid surgery work
- You can get myopic in your 30s
- What do students do on vacation
- Why did Shiva get married
- Harvest organs from China's citizens
- A glaucoma patient could use a computer every day
- Will Julian Assange survive prison?
- What vocations are there in NS
- What are some historical facts about Yorkshire
- What are the characteristics of Caliph Ali
- How do you enjoy life
- Does the environment have rights
- Is Picasso overrated as an artist
- What is the chemical symbol for Ununpentium
- Is Vietnam safe for tourists
- What is the Gini Index
- Who would win Luffy or Zoro?