How useful is reflection
The (self-) reflection deals with questions like “How do I react to something?” Or “What does my behavior mean?”. Self-reflection is therefore a self-observation of one's own behavior. Instead of reacting impulsively to what is perceived, reflection trains self-perception, which in turn can be very useful for your professional future and your own way of life.
How does (self-) reflection work?
Reflection takes time! In the hustle and bustle of everyday life, you can hardly find the necessary peace and quiet for self-reflection.
Rest and relaxation are the key to successful self-reflection.
For an action to become a routine, it takes time - according to researchers, up to 21 days. Fixed habits and daily practice help.
Taking a look at one's feelings and perceptions and taking them seriously is an essential aspect of (self-) reflection.
Self-reflection means getting to know yourself, finding out who you really are. But you should not only perceive negative things about yourself.
Team reflection is an effective tool to improve teamwork. The team members deliberately deal with their experiences in teamwork. They discuss and evaluate these and adjust them if necessary.
What is the benefit of team reflection?
- Maximize communication and coordination within a team
- Satisfaction and cohesion
- Higher performance and creativity - through reflection, the team members exchange ideas about various approaches and coordinate them with one another, which leads to an increase in performance.
Steps of team reflection
Description of specific situations
What happened? How was it traded? Why did we act like this? - This step is only about collecting challenging situations without evaluating them.
Root cause analysis
What were we satisfied with? With what not? What could we influence? - this step helps to find alternative courses of action.
What could you have done instead? What impact would that have had? - these are the central questions that should be asked in the phase of finding a solution.
What does the team take with them for the future? What stumbling blocks could arise? How can you deal with it? - The penultimate step is about what the team has learned from the team reflection and what it has learned about their cooperation.
The final phase of a team reflection is about implementing the lessons learned. Dates should be agreed for this in order to document the progress of implementation:
What has already been implemented? What's not going so well? How can we deal with obstacles?
- Cultural festivals promote national integration
- What authority does the local government have?
- How smart are horses
- What do you mean by conservatism
- Narcissists believe they are good people
- Donkey meat is sold in Pakistan
- How is Australian politics organized and conducted
- Hinduism is the most atheistic religion ever
- What is a vehicle registration number
- Roundabouts are an outdated idea
- Which new cars come without a spare wheel?
- Why is amethyst purple
- Are smoothies good for you?
- How big should the Australian population be
- Who invented the decimal point?
- Will atheism ever stop asking unanswered questions?
- What does Canada Gothilla mean
- Why is Indore not a metropolis
- People live longer in cold temperatures
- How does brain tumor kill you
- Why did Imam Ali hate the Iraqis
- What is the Associated Press doing
- What is the Chinese version of PayPal
- Moderate Quora Muslims condemn Shariya