Why is everyone so apathetic
Apathy in the baby
What is apathy?
Apathy means indifference, non-responsiveness and a lack of reaction to external stimuli such as speaking, being raised or touched. In the narrower sense, apathy is a disturbance of the wakefulness. It affects the central nervous system and is a very serious, dangerous symptom in babies. Therefore, if you notice or suspect apathy in your baby, you should consult a doctor.
Especially in babies who are not yet able to articulate themselves, the apathy (as well as restlessness and poor drinking) may conceal the initial symptoms of a serious infectious disease, poisoning or metabolic disorder. Fever does not necessarily occur with infant diseases, even with severe infections.
What are signs of apathy?
If you want to know if your baby is really low-conscious and apathetic, or just tired, here are some things to look out for:
- Does the baby really wake up when you pick him up?
- Does it grip tight and pull itself up when you offer it your hand?
- Does it make eye contact and smile?
- Does it drink (very important)?
- Does he or she have extended periods of wakefulness (that is, doesn’t she get sleepy again when you lie down)?
If you answer yes to these questions, there is probably no impaired consciousness; Your child is more likely just tired. But if you tend to answer all questions with a no, then there may also be real apathy.
What can I do about apathy?
Also listen to your feelings: If you notice that your lively and active baby is "somehow different", namely limp and listless, you should definitely watch it and, if in doubt, always consult a doctor (even if it is free).
Please also consider: the younger an infant is, the less characteristic general infections, poisoning or other diseases can be. A clouding of consciousness is then a late symptom!
Author & source information
- How can I be useful on Quora?
- Why do I miss India 1
- The iPad Mini 4 is discontinued
- What are the Samoan dances
- What is religious art
- Pugs are aggressive towards other dogs
- What is the KSRTC success story
- Is cancer a viral disease
- What are the best healthy vegetable breakfasts
- Is talent a real thing
- Is Jet Airways the same as JetBlue
- Rangipapa is a Maori word
- What does wee wee mean in French
- Why do we need commas
- What is a natural logarithm
- Can there be a third world war
- Should I leave Islam for my girlfriend
- We read geniuses
- How can you emigrate from Egypt
- Who Uses Anti Aging Products
- Is conservatism collectivist or individualistic
- What are the benefits of compassion
- Why is there no nucleus in prokaryotes
- What are the Chinese media showing about India