What language is spoken in Luxembourg
What languages do they speak in Luxembourg? Multilingualism opens the door to life in Luxembourg
Luxembourg is quite a multilingual environment: the majority of Luxembourgers speak four languages and the proportion of foreign residents is almost 50% of the total population. Which language is spoken depends on the particular situation. At least the three administrative languages - Luxembourgish, French, German - are used in administration, and German is more prevalent in the print media. At work, in public life and in club life, however, everything depends on the situation.
In addition to the languages that are used every day in Luxembourg, other languages are also spoken, especially English, Italian and Portuguese, but also Slavic or Scandinavian languages, signs of the rather large expat communities in Luxembourg.
But rest assured: it is rare to find no common language in Luxembourg.
Explore the country
The Tourism is very open to different languages. The websites are multilingual and most of the sights have flyers in several languages. Since many cross-border commuters work in the hotel and catering trade, French and German are used almost everywhere, and English is also very popular.
Contact an administration
- How will BJP win
- Will Google ever pay a dividend?
- Is the megachurch movement biblical
- Why do women stay with online shopping
- Freeze the Great Lakes
- Can Katrina Kaif speak Hindi
- Is Trump the new Hitler 1
- A fibroblast helps with tear bags
- What is the most dangerous antidepressant
- What was your worst skinny dipping experience
- To which caste do Mudaliars belong
- Medicine is really harder than dentistry
- What does League of Legends teach you
- Should I invest in Bitcoin or Ripple?
- Face waxing is safe
- Should every business venture solve a problem
- Why do I feel so demotivated
- Which is better IISER or CET Trivandrum
- What are the benefits of taking PCMB
- Which Indian language is the oldest
- How good is our Lord Jesus
- How is Durga Puja celebrated in Bangladesh
- What is foot binding
- Is Afghanistan better than Somalia
- How to say beach in Arabic
- What are movies like Tangled
- Why is Switzerland so conservative
- What's your certified dating advice
- Who bought Canada
- What is backend as a service BaaS
- What are the units of cooling capacity
- Who is Trump following on Twitter
- Who owns the airports in Canada
- Why do I love breasts so much