What eye shape is that
Not every eyeshadow color goes automatically with every eye color. Stilpalast shows with which contrasting colors brown, green, blue or gray eyes shine particularly expressively and which tones are rather unsuitable.
The secret of contrast
Many women are overwhelmed with the huge selection when buying eyeshadow and are unsure which color palette to choose. They tend to choose those that are similar to their own eye color. In order for the eye color to really come into its own, it is important to use a contrasting color, also known as a complementary color. In other words, a color that is on the opposite side of the color wheel and, at first glance, does not seem to match the color of the eyes. But this is exactly what causes the natural eye color to come into its own, making the look more radiant.
Of course, there are always exceptions to every rule and if you dare to experiment or don't want to miss the latest trends and looks, you can safely ignore the following tips and deviate from the color recommendations.
The world's most common eye color is brown. If you want to stand out from the crowd with your warm eye color, then it is important to use strong and rather cool colors. The advantage with brown eyes is the large selection: a wide variety of blue and green tones (from turquoise to khaki) work just as well as plum and berry tones (delicate purple to strong dark purple) or elegant gray, gold and silver nuances. The motto is: the cooler the shade of eyeshadow, the warmer your wonderfully brown eyes will look.
You should avoid brown tones, overly delicate pastel colors and yellow or red-tinged eye shadows. They all make your eye look smaller, tired or sickly.
You can put your already eye-catching blue eyes in the limelight with the right choice of color. If you like it more subtle and reserved, rosé and apricot eyeshadows are ideal. The most diverse brown and beige tones let your cool blue intensify and shine with it. Eyeshadow palettes with gold and bronze ensure glamorous moments and gray and black eyeshadows conjure up a dangerously seductive look in an instant. For an eccentric look, a warm orange tone (e.g. coral) also works. In general, the darker the blue of your eyes, the stronger the colors can be.
You should definitely keep your hands off blue or green eyeshadow, as they rob your natural eye color of the shine. Instead of emphasizing the eyes, these colors do exactly the opposite and weaken the radiance.
If you have green eyes, you are blessed with the rarest eye color - congratulations! This has to be expressed perfectly. Delicate pink, purple, gray and earthy brown and beige tones are ideal for everyday looks. An eye shadow in gold also goes wonderfully with green eyes. You can create a piercingly intense look with strong plum tones (e.g. dark purple) and very courageous ladies may even dare to try bright pink.
Yellow, green, or blue eyeshadow palettes are unsuitable for your eye-catching color. They make your look appear dull and unfortunately often hide more than they emphasize.
With gray eyes you belong to a minority as well. You can optimize your already enchanting appearance with the right choice of eyeshadow. Often gray eyes still have a blue or green cast. If this is also the case for you, you can also use those color favorites (see above) as a guide. Otherwise, you should use berry (pink to pink, lavender to violet), gold or earth tones that perfectly underline your cool eye color.
Pastel-colored eye shadows and generally light tones are unfavorable. They don't offer enough contrast to your gray eye.
The perfect eyeliner
Not every eyeliner automatically fits every eye shape. Make-up artist Sabine Tomasello-Salchinger explains here which type of eyeliner intensifies the gaze and brings out the best in the eyes.
- Men find socially awkward girls lovable
- What do Bangladeshis think of France?
- We actually see with our brain
- How was Islam perceived before 9/11
- What is the philosophy behind material possessions
- Why is it a bad quality to be selfish?
- Am I too old to start all over again?
- How can I increase the power of the eyes
- How do the Japanese treat American tourists
- What is a good mushroom recipe
- Was life better before political correctness
- What are the best makeup brushes
- What are the working days in Pakistan
- Every US citizen is an American
- What time zone is Alaska in?
- How many Ballon dOr has Ronaldo won
- Where is the best brunch in seoul
- What's unique about NYU
- Why did the Allies dissolve Prussia
- What are the winning strategies in Solitaire
- Is English a Romance or Germanic language
- Are there atheists in Islam
- What should I know about NIT Srinagar
- Should I talk to my father?
- What are the achievements of Babar
- How is HTTPS secure
- Who invented the air conditioning
- Kundalini energy can affect those around you
- How did you get over being socially awkward?
- Does the US government still hate communism?
- How do the army and marines differ?
- What is the best interview advice you have
- How do you celebrate Diwali 1
- Should I change my career at 23?