Is Afghanistan an Arab country
Languages & dialects in Afghanistan: which language do Afghan refugees speak?
About 49 languages and over 200 different dialects are spoken in Afghanistan. In 1964, however, the Grand Council established Persian (Dari) and Pashto as the official national and government languages as part of the approval of a new constitution.
Interesting facts about Pashto
Pashto is from around 35-55 percent of the population of Afghanistan as mother tongue spoken. The Afghan national anthem is traditionally sung in Pashto, and military titles are also taken from the language. Nevertheless, the Pashtun language is viewed as secondary and has not yet established itself as an administrative language. All attempts by the government to raise the status of Pashto have so far failed.
Interesting facts about Dari
Dari is the one Afghan term for Persian and is the majority language in Afghanistan and is also under the name Farsi known. More than half of Afghans speak a dialect of Persian as their mother tongue. Furthermore, Persian is the language spoken in the capital Kabul and a popular lingua franca between those ethnic groups who do not speak one of the two national languages as their mother tongue.
Other languages of Afghanistan
Five minority languages have been recognized as national languages in Afghanistan since 1980. These are Uzbek, Turkmen, Baluch, Paschai and Nuristani. Also Englishspoken by large parts of the population, even after independence from the United Kingdom in 1919, Afghans still spoke English. For example, the Afghan constitution is also available in English. Most of the time, English is used in the capital Kabul and other large cities and is mainly used on posters, advertisements and institutions. Whether English should become an official language in Afghanistan is currently highly controversial.
- Sinus infection can affect high blood pressure
- How can we separate business and government
- Has the partition benefited the Muslims of South Asia
- Black girls find brown men attractive
- What are newspaper advertising copyrights
- Are black surnames really slave names?
- What is the real meaning of prayer
- What is airline ticketing and reservation
- What makes Scorpio women angry?
- Which material does not reflect light?
- What are some dormitory hacks
- Hindi becomes popular in South India
- Which websites use artificial intelligence
- Which book has the most beautiful language
- How do I start a hospice
- Mixed race is a racist term
- Why can't the whole eye be transplanted?
- ICSE schools in Hyderabad
- What is the meaning of the Waymos logo
- Who is the Most Gossiped Indian Actress
- What are the educational implications of Vedanta
- What is sanity testing and regression test
- Which is the best jewelry scheme
- Why don't more schools teach programming?
- Are tabloids ruining people's lives
- What language is spoken in Luxembourg
- What's strange about your teacher
- How come schools don't teach contemporary history
- Why is there satanism
- What is meant by a presidential democracy
- Is Times of India politically neutral
- How immature can Rahul Gandhi be