What is an AWS S3 Bucket
Step 1: Create the first S3 bucket
After you sign in to AWS, you can use the AWS Management Console to create a bucket in Amazon S3. All objects in Amazon S3 are stored in a Bucket saved. Before you can store data in Amazon S3, you must create a bucket.
You are not charged for creating a bucket. There are only charges for storing objects in the bucket and for moving objects in and out of the bucket. The fees associated with working through the examples in this guide are minimal (less than $ 1.0). For more information on storage costs, see Amazon S3 Pricing.
For information about creating a bucket using the AWS command line interface, see create-bucket in the AWS CLI command reference.
How to create a bucket
Sign in to the AWS Management Console and open the Amazon S3 console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/s3.
Choose Create Bucket out.
The page Create bucket will be opened.
Enter under Bucket name Enter a DNS-compatible name for your bucket.
The bucket name must ...:
be unique anywhere in Amazon S3.
be between 3 and 63 characters long,
Does not contain capital letters.
begin with a lowercase letter or number.
The name of a bucket that has been created cannot be changed afterwards. For more information about bucket naming, see Bucket Naming Rules.
Avoid including sensitive information, such as account numbers, in the bucket name. The bucket name appears in the URL that points to the objects in the bucket.
Choose under region Select the AWS Region in which you want the bucket to be located.
Choose a region that is geographically close to you to minimize latency and costs, and to meet regulatory requirements. Objects stored in one region remain in the region until they are explicitly moved to another region. For a list of valid Amazon S3 AWS Regions, see AWS Service Endpoints in the Amazon Web Services General Reference.
Keep under Bucket settings for Block Public Access the default values at.
By default, Amazon S3 blocks all public access to your buckets. You should leave all settings for blocking public access enabled. For more information on blocking public access, see Blocking Public Access to Your Amazon S3 Storage.
Choose Create Bucket out.
You have created a bucket in Amazon S3.
For information about adding an object to a bucket, see Step 2: Upload an Object to Your Bucket.
- How is Indian history taught in Pakistan
- Is Islamic terrorism considered right
- How toxic is BOTOX
- Which theory of evolution is true
- Why is UP better than Haryana
- Can I carry liquor bottles from Goa
- Are all priests at ISKCON Spiritual Masters
- Have cargo planes flight attendants
- How can India occupy POK
- Are hydrogen cars made in India?
- Do girls find lonely men less desirable
- Why is Kolkata famous for Rasgulla
- What does the Airbus A320 cost
- Where can I get all the lyrics
- What if Albania were still communist?
- Africa was the first continent
- How can someone join politics
- Why is VPN banned in China
- What happens if we increase military spending
- All innovative ideas are copied
- What would happen if Poland disappeared?
- Say dates or dates
- What is carnauba wax
- How can I get 85 points in PTE