Why do people have names
Herzfunk: Why should people have names?
Your own name is unmistakable and it is short. Both are beneficial when things have to be done quickly. For example, when you ask someone for help. Or if you want to play a pass while playing football. Or when someone calls you in class. If nobody had a name, you would always have to point to others or address them with “Hey you there!”. It's good that everyone has a name! Otherwise there would be a lot of misunderstandings.
As soon as the child is born, it gets its name from its parents. The name accompanies us for a lifetime and often it tells a whole story. Some are reminiscent of very dear grandparents or role models that the parents found good.
If you haven't done that yet, ask your parents why they chose your name for you?
Every child has the right to their own name
This right is contained in the agreement on children's rights, which almost every country in the world has signed. Article 7 states: “The child must be entered in a register * immediately after its birth and has the right to a name from birth, the right to acquire a nationality and, as far as possible, the right to know and from its parents to be looked after. "
*What is a Register?
A register is a directory, a book or a file. It records when and where a child was born, what it is called, who its parents are, where it lives and whether it is healthy.
Although the law exists, many children in the world are not registered. For the countries in which they live, they do not exist and are not counted. Children need the entry in the register. This is the only way for them to have a nationality and it is clear which country is responsible for them: so that they are protected, receive medical care and can go to school.
Whoever has a name is not lost
After the great wars, the Unicef Children's Fund and the Red Cross had programs to bring children and their parents back together. The names of the children helped them with this. To this day, many children around the world live in crisis areas. It happens again and again that children are separated from their parents, for example when an escape is chaotic. Then it is particularly important to have a name and papers so that you can find yourself again afterwards.
Status: November 9th, 2020, 10:28 am
- How has your religion affected your business?
- What sport do most people like
- Why do Palestinians support Nazis
- Are Air Supply members gay?
- How is the citizenship of jus sanguinis fair
- What is secret society in Nigeria
- What are some national symbols of Canada
- Is Disney overrated
- Will mumble rap by 2020
- What is a republican
- What could Russian words mean?
- Is it worth visiting Bandhavgarh or not
- What is a sea freight business
- Which led to the turntable FM failing
- What celebrity is surprisingly rude
- Who was Cleopas in the Bible
- Extract mushrooms nutrients from the soil
- Shiva is the supreme god in Hinduism
- Why is Modi losing 2019
- The Trump campaign is finally dead
- Is Seoul in Singapore
- How do you finance a journalistic investigation?
- Why do newspapers still publish stock market prices
- What do students do on vacation